Where do you rank TIM SANCHEZ in TOTAL QBS? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Where do you rank TIM SANCHEZ in TOTAL QBS?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where do you rank TIM SANCHEZ in TOTAL QBS?

Postby JJEETTSS » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 pm

I play in a 12 team league that has non-standard scoring system and need some help on how to approach the QB position during my upcoming draft. I was planning on waiting until later in the draft and snagging the SANCHEZ/ TEBOW combo. I don't think anyone else in the league will see them having any value. These are the positions and scoring system.

Start: 1 total QB, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

1 pt per 25 passing yards
6 pts per passing td

1 pt per 10 yards receiving
6 pts per receiving td

1 pt per 10 rushing yards
6 pts per rushing td

THERE ARE NO NEGATIVE POINTS FOR FUMBLES AND INTS

With this as the system I have the QBS ranked as followed. Let me know your thoughts on any ideas.

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Stafford
Eli
Cam
Romo
SANCHEZ/TEBOW
Manning
Vick
Ryan
Rivers
Schaub
Cutler
Big Ben

The biggest knock on Sanchez is his turn overs, which does not hurt him in this league. Also, Mark had 6 rushing td last year. That has to improve with Tebow, right?
JJEETTSS
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where do you rank TIM SANCHEZ in TOTAL QBS?

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I have Sanchez and Tebow both as high end QB3s. Sanchez has a below average completion percentage (56.7%) and total yards (3474). The reason he was in the top 12 last season was his rushing TDs. With Tebow those are going to go down to about 2 TDs instead of six. Sanchez upside is also limited because the Jets run the ball the majority of the time. Tebow does have more upside however he is not starting right now at QB. I would rather take Cutler or Big Ben.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I am not high on the Jets QB's at all. You cannot rely on either one of them to be a starter for your team. I would maybe burn a late round pick for a backup Qb/3rd qb's, thats it.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 pm

He's near the bottom of the draft board, IMO. I'd probably rank him at 25 of 32 starters. Tebow will almost certainly get some goalline packages that could cut into Sanchez's production - which was already questionable to begin with. I just don't see the Jets getting their crap together. Too much drama, created by their own brass. I see no reason to take Sanchez unless you start 2 quarterbacks in your league and need to take a late flier on someone.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Unless it is a 2 QB league, I don't see Sanchez as draft able. There are guys with more upside that you can get very late. Gun to my head he's QB30-32 ish
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions