CBS Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

CBS Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS Mock Draft

Postby TorMenT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Just did another mock draft. I think it went fairly well. 12 team, non PPR league. 6 points for TD pass, 6 points for TD run.

Vick, Michael
Charles, Jamaal
Rice, Ray
Bowe, Dwayne
Harvin, Percy
Williams, DeAngelo
Gronkowski, Rob
Mare, Olindo
Steelers
Dalton, Andy
Boldin, Anquan
Garcon, Pierre
Holmes, Santonio
Robinson, Laurent
TorMenT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: CBS Mock Draft

Postby LMack » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Its solid. You have some decent top options but depth is an issue.

In pretty much every league, even with CBS standard rosters which start 2 RB and 3 WRs, you should draft more than 3 running backs. It is such a tumultuous and injury ridden position that you need to stock up. For example, your 2nd RB tore his ACL last year. If he were to get re-injured or if something were to happen to Rice, you are stuck slotting in DeAngelo Williams who has to share the Carolina backfield with Johnathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert, and Cam Newton. In this mock you would've been better off passing on some of the low ceiling receivers such as Boldin and Garcon and adding RB depth.

One other thing I have to add falls under the area of drafting strategy. When considering your WRs you have to realize that you lack a true number 1. You sacrificed at the WR1 position to add two top running backs, an elite tight end and a dual threat QB. If I know that I won't have an elite option, I try to add some receivers with upside behind my starters in the hopes that one breaks out and becomes a weekly play. I'd be much more content with Torrey Smith, Denarius Moore, Nate Washington and Titus Young on your bench than Boldin, Garcon, Holmes, and Robinson. If you have low ceiling options behind your two starters that came in the middle rounds of the draft then you might find yourself stuck that way all season.

Just my two cents. Good luck this year ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings