Crazy question. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Crazy question.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crazy question.

Postby sareece » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm

OK I'm in a 16 team, first year, keeper league. I draft 16th then snake back to 17th (first pick in round 2). How crazy would it be to draft Cam (1st pick), and Luck w/ my 2nd? Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Breese, C. Johnson, the top 5 RB are gone as well.

I know thats a big point producer on the bench, but I'm looking at the future as well.

Thanks.
sareece
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crazy question.

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Welcome to the Cafe! I hope you stick around and enjoy it's benefits.

I think this approach is problematic. Cam is elite, will Luck be better down the road? Maybe, but Cam should be elite for a long time, so why burn another early pick on the same position?
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby indyindian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Cam yes, but Luck? I'm not sure. To succeed now, and in the future, you need a good RB or wideout. Heck, maybe even nab the top TE. I'd draft Cam the next 4-5 years, but take a RB on the bookend pick.

Good luck!

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=514665
indyindian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby sabercats » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:05 am

I will take Cam (QB) then take RB MJD, CJ or Trend Richardson.
sabercats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 am

Dont take 2 QB's. You get no points for the one on the bench and you need points out of that pick. As for who to draft its up in the air. You really need to get the guy who will put the most points for you. Dont be necessarily set on Cam either if better value is available. You can get salvageable QB's in the 5th and 6th
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby slimjimzv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am

IMO, your goal should be to get as many points in your starting lineup as possible. Not to mention that you can probably get Luck much later than the 2nd round. Personally, I would focus on all of my starters and even a few backup RB and/or WR's before drafting a backup QB. The goal is to score as many points on a weekly basis as possible and a backup QB is the least likely to play for you more than one week of the season. RB and WR's are more injury prone and you have 2 or 3 starting vs just 1 QB.
slimjimzv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:14 pm

I agree with what has been said above, don't go QB/QB to start the draft, this is a keeper league, and odds are you probably won't even keep Luck. Unless he comes out and breaks Newton's rookie yard record, then you aren't going to waste a future second round pick keeping a backup QB every year. If this was a dynasty where you kept everybody every year without a cost, then that would be more practical. But taking Luck round 2 would ruin you for this year and next year. Bad idea however you look at it.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby sareece » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks everyone. Cam went the pick before me, so I went MJD & Greg Jennings.
sareece
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions