6th pick in my 12 team draft!! Help!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

6th pick in my 12 team draft!! Help!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

6th pick in my 12 team draft!! Help!!

Postby Dante87x » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Ok so I'm in the dead center of my 12 team non-ppr fantasy draft. 6pts passing tds, 6 pts Rushin td's, etc. etc. Who would you take with the 6th pick in a snake draft? I'm thinkin Tom Brady. I think foster, rice, and McCoy will be gone as well as Rodgers. And I'm not interested in Matthews because I think people are way over hyping him and I'm not sold on the guy. And if I do pick Brady what would you say for my next picks? I say elite WR back to back...? Then grab some RB's. What's your take guys?????!? Thanks
Dante87x
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 6th pick in my 12 team draft!! Help!!

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 pm

I firmly believe if you take a QB in round 1, you almost have to go RB in round 2. There is more depth at WR and you will be extremely weak at RB if your first is in round 4
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm

murphysxm wrote:I firmly believe if you take a QB in round 1, you almost have to go RB in round 2. There is more depth at WR and you will be extremely weak at RB if your first is in round 4

I agree with this, its important to get at least one top 12 RB. ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Dante87x » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah but who am I really going to get in the second round? Frank gore? Steven Jackson? I rather grab an elite wide receiver like Fitz or marshal or Jennings. And then draft a rb like sproles or Doug Martin who have huge upside. Although if Charles is on the board I wouldn't mind that at all!
Dante87x
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kcwins » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I would take a RB here for sure. You'll have your choice of Johnson, Forte, McFadden and IF they can get Jones-Drew in camp that's a no brainer! At the end of the year how many points will separate Brady from the tie 2 guys like Ryan, Romo, Eli etc.. VS. the difference between say Jones-Drew and the tie 3 guys like Lynch, Jackson, Peterson, etc...? I say draft a RB here.
Signature removed for lack of payment
kcwins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions