Huge Trade help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Huge Trade help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huge Trade help!

Postby LT3217 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 pm

So I am in a 10 team keeper league and we are keeping 3 keepers.
My keepers : Matthew Stafford, Ryan Mathews, Calvin Johnson

I have the first pick in the draft and Matt Forte and Trent Richardson are the top 2 backs for me to take. (Who do you guys prefer).

One of the guys in my league has the 10th pick and then again the 11th pick in the next round, so he has back to back picks obviously. One of his keepers he kept was Matt Ryan. He approached me about a possible trade that would like this:

I give up: Matthew Stafford

I receive: 10th pick, 11th pick, Matt Ryan.

Matthew Stafford put up huge numbers for me last year and likely this year especially since I have Calvin but the value I could get at 10, 11 also and not give up picks could be huge. Also Ryan could be an ok starter or I could draft another QB too.

What do you guys think?
Thanks.
LT3217
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Huge Trade help!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Man I know its tough giving up Stafford but I would definitely do it. You will drop a bit on your QB production but be able to make it up in other areas with the late first early second rounder.

;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 am

Hmm this one is close..you will have a drop off at QB from Stafford to Ryan, but you would then have 3 of the top 11 picks, the top WR, and a top 5 RB. Say you draft Rich with #1, then you go PBA (RB/WR) at 10/11, and you have a pretty great team.

No trade you have Stafford/Mathews/Richardson/Megatron...trade and you have Ryan/Mathews/Richardson/Megatron/10/11...you could draft like a Romo/Rivers/Cutler and play the matchups every week. Personally, I feel that Stafford is going to have a "down" year, meaning every year he has gotten hurt, but he didn't last year. He is still pretty fragile, he was just lucky last year.

Its a really tough call. I think personally I would do it. You could have a potentially super stacked team and be set up for a killer year
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Jason497 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 am

I'd do that deal.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator