QB Strategy - after the "Big 4 +Cam" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB Strategy - after the "Big 4 +Cam"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: QB Strategy - after the "Big 4 +Cam"

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 pm

TorMenT wrote:
moochman wrote:I actually like Big Ben's value this season. Sure there is risk with his shoulder, but he played with it and has had oof season to let what I assume is a light tear, heal. The Stillers continue to try and shore up the Oline, but have some real issues at RB. Mendanhall has a long way to go yet, and Redman isn't a game-breaking threat. Could be that the Stillers are going to have to air it out a lot this year.
I would want to be sure to get a backup that won't kill you if Ben fails.
If Ryan falls far enough, his potential is arguably top 5. lots of weapons. Great value.

I avoid Roethlisberger at all costs. He is an injury machine and he just sprained his ankle yesterday in practice so that's one more injury for the old guy.

His performance while injured still gives good value for his slot. Big Ben is a drama queen. Give us a week where nobody reports he's injured and he starts blabbing about this or that. But Sunday the Stillers diva will have to suit up and show the world how well he can play thru whatever ailment he is suffering. At least that is my hope :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB Strategy - after the "Big 4 +Cam"

Postby Fantasyfballchamps » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

After the big 4 - and you can include Cam as the big 5 if you rank him this high - things get pretty wide open. I have the range of the top 5 scoring an average a game:
1 Aaron Rodgers 28.2275
2 Tom Brady 27.255
3 Drew Brees 24.095
4 Matthew Stafford 23.32125
5 Cam Newton 22.9375

I don't break down this year's as the "big 4+ cam" because looking at my projections it is really the BIG 2. After these 5 - if you don't manage to land one of these the smart play would be to focus on position players - stock up on other areas as the point dropoff for QBs isn't as harsh once Brady is off the board. Consider the next 5 QBs:

6. Vick 21.5
7. Eli Manning 20.5
8. Romo 20.3
9. Matt Ryan 20
10. Peyton 19.8

I have projected stats and found you are only losing 3.5 points/game from the #4 QB to the #10 QB. There is depth - don't reach if you miss on the top 2.
Fantasy lineup advice, individual help for your team by real analysts
http://www.fantasyfballchamps.com
Fantasyfballchamps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk