Missed the draft...dodged a bullet - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Missed the draft...dodged a bullet

Moderator: Football Moderators

Missed the draft...dodged a bullet

Postby BurritoBoy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Wassup guys. So I had an early draft today that I slept through, and when I woke up I was worried that I would be screwed. It looks like I dodged a bullet and actually got lucky. Redraft, 10 teams, completely standard (no PPR or Bonuses or 6 for passing TDs) Start QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K D

Brady, Fitzpatrick
MJD, Sproles, Hillis
Marshall, J.Jones, Bowe, Meachem, L.Moore
Witten, F. Davis
Bears D
Gotskowski, Carpenter

I've already sent in waiver requests, dropping Moore to pick up T.Young and dropping Carpenter to get R. Jennings

Since no PPR I'm actively trying to get rid of Sproles and get other RBs, I'd even trade MJD to pick up 2 quality ones

Top players at each pos

RB: Jennings, Tate, D.Wilson, LeShoure, Ingram
WR: Young, Crabtree, L.Robinson, D.Baldwin, R.Randle and all rookies besides Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery
not worried about TE or QB

I'd like to also pick up Tate or Wilson in addition to Jennings and Young, who should I drop for them or what are any thoughts?
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Missed the draft...dodged a bullet

Postby LA Faders » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Wow nice autodraft. Even with MJD and Sproles in there I like your odds with this team, although I'd trade em if I got the chance. The first person I'd think to drop might be Meachem but he has potential under Rivers, so I'd sit tight on this one, unless Foster somehow has a setback in the preseason or something. IF you're confident with Witten, maybe you could trade Davis and Sproles for a better back and a trash player, then switch him out for Tate?
LA Faders
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Missed the draft...dodged a bullet

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Yes. I think you got pretty lucky. I would try trading sproles for someone like charles because you already have hillis. Or, trade hills to the team with charles by telling them how they need the handcuff. I love MJD. He's one of my favorite football players. I don't like his hold out. He may end up like cj2k last season. I would try to flip him for a couple of decent rbs and a decent WR. Just make sure they are quality players. Don't just take quantity for quality. If you get Rashard Jennings off the waivers, then you can trade both of them. That will sound like a better offer for the other person because they are already getting their handcuff.

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514853
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Roster Ratings