Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Finally healthy???

Giants’ Bradshaw has message for rookie RB Wilson: The job's mine
Giants Blog
By PAUL SCHWARTZ
Last Updated: 4:51 AM, August 4, 2012
Posted: 12:58 AM, August 4, 2012

ALBANY — Not yet, kid.

That’s the mindset Ahmad Bradshaw adopted after the Giants brought in his eventual replacement. The veteran running back will be helpful, offer advice, give suggestions and counsel David Wilson in any way he can. But he will not give him his job.

“Never,’’ Bradshaw yesterday told The Post standing outside his car on a hot morning at the University at Albany. “My job right now is to protect myself and to be a leader for this team. Whatever I can do to win. I’m not giving up my job easy for no one. I’ll always fight for my job.’’

As the sun bore down on Bradshaw, he tugged at his black T-shirt, first pulling it off one of his shoulders, finally yanking it off completely, revealing a more chiseled upper body. Bradshaw has been around long enough to take him for granted but, entering his sixth season, it must be noted the Giants’ top running back is only 26 years old and it remains his ball in the backfield.

“I can feel it in my body I’m getting a little older as a running back,’’ Bradshaw said. “But I feel great. I feel young as I was.’’

More precisely, Bradshaw feels younger than he has felt in quite a while. His surgically repaired feet are healthy and not hurting. He hasn’t missed a thing entering the second week of training camp, a rarity for a player who practiced so infrequently the past few years that it was inevitable some rust stayed with him on game days.

con't...

more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/t ... qYRqpR8hyO
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ahmad Bradhsaw

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am

If he can indeed stay health he could be a very solid RB2. I wouldnt feel comfortable with him as my number one though. Just snagged him in a start up dynasty as just that and hope he holds on for 3-4 more years.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby 2ksports » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 am

I think ultimately it will come down to pass protection. In a system with a veteran back who is productive, there is no reason to put the rookie in unless they are a very significant upgrade.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah. Barring injury Bradshaw is the man in NY. I think with what we know at this point he is a great value at his current ADP. I can easily see a situation where is is a low end RB1, and at least a great RB2.
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk