Besides the Cafe, what other sites do you use? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Besides the Cafe, what other sites do you use?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Besides the Cafe, what other sites do you use?

Postby angels7777 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

I play mainly fantasy baseball and basketball, but am giving football a go for the second time. I like to look at a few other reliable site rankings just for patterns, etc.
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Besides the Cafe, what other sites do you use?

Postby coach II » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi! A great site I use is fftoolbox.

I have also always used the content on yahoo.
coach II
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

angels7777 wrote:I play mainly fantasy baseball and basketball, but am giving football a go for the second time. I like to look at a few other reliable site rankings just for patterns, etc.

Welcome back to football.

A quick google search will net you hundreds of places to compare rankings/projections. My one piece of advise is to know your league's scoring rules backwards and forwards.... when you compare sites and their rankings, many times they will be based on different scoring systems. So by knowing your league's system, you are able to "tweak" those rankings and more clearly define patterns.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby angels7777 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

we have .5 PPR and passing QB TD's are worth 6 points instead of 4 - although the WR catching the touchdown also gets credit for 6 points... how would you approach a 10 team league with this scoring?
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

angels7777 wrote:we have .5 PPR and passing QB TD's are worth 6 points instead of 4 - although the WR catching the touchdown also gets credit for 6 points... how would you approach a 10 team league with this scoring?

I think that elite QBs (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, and Newton) are worth a little bit more with the 6 points per TD.

That being said, it's 10 teams, and even if you miss out on the elites, you can still put together a great QBBC (quarterback-by-committee) of, say, Rivers and RG3; or Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning, etc.

Check out average draft position reports (I like mockdraftcentral.com) to get a feel where these QBs may land. My advice is to take an elite guy if he falls to you, but don't reach too far for one because you have options at the position later.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby angels7777 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Indibuck wrote:
angels7777 wrote:we have .5 PPR and passing QB TD's are worth 6 points instead of 4 - although the WR catching the touchdown also gets credit for 6 points... how would you approach a 10 team league with this scoring?

I think that elite QBs (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, and Newton) are worth a little bit more with the 6 points per TD.

That being said, it's 10 teams, and even if you miss out on the elites, you can still put together a great QBBC (quarterback-by-committee) of, say, Rivers and RG3; or Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning, etc.

Check out average draft position reports (I like mockdraftcentral.com) to get a feel where these QBs may land. My advice is to take an elite guy if he falls to you, but don't reach too far for one because you have options at the position later.

Ya I've got my QB strategy down. In a 10 teamer, you pretty much get a stud no matter what.

After say the top 4 RB are gone, would you still go RB/RB 1st 2 rounds since WR is so deep? Even though the RB past the top 4 or so (CJ has a tough schedule against run defenses, MJD has contract issues, T. Richardson is a rookie, etc.) have lots of question marks.
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:51 pm

angels7777 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:

Ya I've got my QB strategy down. In a 10 teamer, you pretty much get a stud no matter what.

After say the top 4 RB are gone, would you still go RB/RB 1st 2 rounds since WR is so deep? Even though the RB past the top 4 or so (CJ has a tough schedule against run defenses, MJD has contract issues, T. Richardson is a rookie, etc.) have lots of question marks.

Going RB/RB is only a good option if value falls to you at your picks.

I encourage people to go into a draft with a plan. I strongly discourage people to be too rigid with those plans. You have to be flexible.

When I draft, I have a top-50 overall, and I draft players from that list until they are gone, not worrying (too much) about what position they play. Sometimes I start RB/WR/WR, sometimes WR/QB/RB, or some other combination. But I know I am getting the best available TALENT, and that's what gives an owner consistent wins. After my top-50 are gone, THEN I start to look at what positions need to be filled... but I still won't pass on talent just to fill a need.

In short: put together a draft list, trust it, and stick to it for the first 5 rounds or so.... then start to worry about position.
Indibuck

Return to Beginner's Forum