Andy Reid's son dies at training camp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andy Reid's son dies at training camp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andy Reid's son dies at training camp

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, found dead at Eagles camp
By Brian McIntyre NFL.com
Around the League writer
Published: Aug. 5, 2012 at 09:21 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:46 p.m.

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid was absent from the start of the Eagles' walkthrough practice at Lehigh University on Sunday morning, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

According to the Eagles, Reid absence was due to a "personal issue".

In a press conference following the walkthrough, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman announced that Reid's son, Garrett Reid, had been found dead in his room at Lehigh University.

"He's been strong for us, we're going to be strong for him right now," Roseman said before turning the press conference over to Lehigh University's Chief of Police, who said there was no evidence of foul play.

An investigation by the coroner's office is underway. No cause of death had been determined.

"What I can tell you is this morning we were contacted by the Lehigh campus police department and (were) requested to respond for the discovery of a deceased male," Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek told the Associated Press. "We are conducting an investigation with the cooperation of the Lehigh campus police department and I personally pronounced Mr. Reid deceased at the scene."

McLane noted this morning that the last time Reid was believed to have missed a practice was when he was attending a court date for Garrett, who had been arrested on drug and weapons charges.

con't...

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... line_stack
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Andy Reid's son dies at training camp

Postby m16a » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Horrible to hear for Reid. I'm told that having to see a child go before you do is one of the most awful experiences someone can have. Now all Reid is gonna hear this year is: "Hey coach, how would your son feel about this win?" Or, "Hey coach, is your son's death causing a distraction to you and the team causing a loss?" Sucks. :-t

Condolences to Andy and his family though. That's a rough situation to go through. :-/
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Re: Andy Reid's son dies at training camp

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 pm

So sad to see another troubled life lead to a troubling end.
RIP Garrett, thoughts and prayers to your family and loved ones.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk