Please Rank My Draft(Top 3) WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please Rank My Draft(Top 3) WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please Rank My Draft(Top 3) WHIR

Postby gatorbite35 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:24 pm

So I just finished my live draft this morning. Before I tell you my team, I was hoping you guys could briefly look at each roster(8 teams) and rank what you think the the top 3 teams are at this point in time. I've labeled the teams from A - H. Thanks in advance!!!!

Standard 8 Team League

Link to print screen images(3) are below.

Check Out My Beer Channel
12 Team League PPR
Qb, 2 wr, 1rb, 1wr/rb , 1te, 1k, 1 def
Qb- Romo, Stafford
Wr - Nicks, Boldin, amendola,mike thomas,meachem
rb - Rice,forte, greene, best,
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please Rank My Draft(Top 3) WHIR

Postby Mizou » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:26 am

Let me write down my thoughts as I look through the teams.

Team A: Loaded. Romo is my favorite "2nd tier" QB. Consistent fantasy performer every year. The RB crew of (in order of my favorites/rankings) Shady, Martin, Redman, Turner, and Gore is just insane. No weakness there at all. WRs are good, but not as deep. Davis is the perfect TE to compliment all of this (undervalued, later-round guy. Similar to Romo).

Team B: RB is the glaring thing to me here. I don't trust any Carolina RB, especially as anything more than a Flex play. Gerhart might pull them out of the hole if he starts the first few weeks, but I would grab another guy here. Top 3 WRs are strong.

Team C: Good, but not deep. I don't understand the multiple Kickers and Defs. After the starting lineup it falls down a cliff.

Team D: Lot of Potential here. If MJD plays, and well (which I do expect), potential for a lot of high scores. Bench players have potential to make some noise.

Team E: Very good as well. Sort of the evil twin of Team D. Can be very dominant, but seems much more consistent than Team D's potential for highs and lows. I like the WR depth of Bowe behind the two more risky players of Nicks and Wallace. Bench players are all top-notch, imo. Though I'd be more apt to grab Kevin Smith, since Best seems doomed not to play this year.

Team F: I'm a proponent of the good QB/TE thing, but this team has worse RBs than usual. Sproles is not the answer. CJ0.5k is never the answer. The WRs are good for having spent 2 high picks on QB/TE, but the RB drafting was terrible, IMO. You're starting Sproles, Hillis, and Spiller all year. All are backups.

Team G: I think this one's yours. Solid is a way I'd describe it. Similar to Team D, but different. Not much risk, except for Vick's performance or health. Fitz/Cruz/Maclin/Harvin is an insane 4 deep, though your RBs after the top 3 leave little inspiration to me.

Team H: I would've tried for a more solid RB1. Peterson is another DND to me. While Bush has potential, he's still a backup at this point. Again, I don't trust Carolina backs. Richardson is the only steady guy in this stable, and he's a rookie in a tough division. I'm not sure if the other weapons (good as they may be) can overcome that.

My rankings, 1-3: G, A, D,

Take a look?: viewtopic.php?t=514744
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm

I really like A or (your team), G. Both are solid. Id put team A ahead of you just by a bit. I like the rbs and megatons a beast! Not sure how they got Mccoy and Johnson in the same draft, but i definitely like it! I could see him getting the gold and you taking silver. I like team E to win the bronze in your league. Great QB and amazing Rbs.

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514853
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby gatorbite35 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I haven't told you guys my team yet. lol
12 Team League PPR
Qb- Romo, Stafford
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 pm

gatorbite35 wrote:I haven't told you guys my team yet. lol

Your team is the only one without the "propose trade" option at the bottom lol. So were we right? And have you checked out my link yet?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby gatorbite35 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:
gatorbite35 wrote:I haven't told you guys my team yet. lol

Your team is the only one without the "propose trade" option at the bottom lol. So were we right? And have you checked out my link yet?

lol, dammit! Yeah, I left a comment on your thread.

12 Team League PPR
Qb- Romo, Stafford
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff