Why I Ranked Matt Ryan Over Cam Newton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why I Ranked Matt Ryan Over Cam Newton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why I Ranked Matt Ryan Over Cam Newton

Postby angry bird 23 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Koeter took the hand cuffs off matt ryan now we'll see him get closer to that elit level you can see the difference how he threw that pic in the baltimore gamd and came right back and the same pass the next drive the days of game manager ryan are long gone!
angry bird 23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Whoever mentioned that we've already seen Ryan peak, you're wrong. Like others have stated, he is going to have one hell of a year. He is currently undervalued at his ADP. IMO he should be coming off the board right after Stafford, before Vick, Romo and Eli.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Watchin' the game right now - Ryan & Julio really seem to be in snyc, when White gets back into the mix they will be deadly! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Cuffs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 pm

IMO, Jones is worthy of mid-second round pick, before White. And Ryan deserves to go in round 5. This is behind where people will probably be drafting the mannings or Vick, but ahead of where they should be drafted, IMO.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby angry bird 23 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 am

I think julio and roddy will be a coin toss every week there will be games were julio will put up big numbers and games where roddy will
angry bird 23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby petedog9 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

SameSongNDance wrote:Whoever mentioned that we've already seen Ryan peak, you're wrong. Like others have stated, he is going to have one hell of a year. He is currently undervalued at his ADP. IMO he should be coming off the board right after Stafford, before Vick, Romo and Eli.

Why not wait and grab another RB / WR and then come back and get Ryan. He may very well outperform his ADP but that doesnt mean that you should draft him there..

ADP in a 10 teamer
Staffard 2.04
Cam 2.08
Vick 4.03
Ryan 5.09 and trending upward.

He does seem to have alot of momentum building over the past few weeks but you can theoretically wait an easy 2 rounds after Stafford and still get him. He doesnt become nearly the value if you draft him in the 3rd.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 am

petedog9 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Whoever mentioned that we've already seen Ryan peak, you're wrong. Like others have stated, he is going to have one hell of a year. He is currently undervalued at his ADP. IMO he should be coming off the board right after Stafford, before Vick, Romo and Eli.

Why not wait and grab another RB / WR and then come back and get Ryan. He may very well outperform his ADP but that doesnt mean that you should draft him there..

ADP in a 10 teamer
Staffard 2.04
Cam 2.08
Vick 4.03
Ryan 5.09 and trending upward.

He does seem to have alot of momentum building over the past few weeks but you can theoretically wait an easy 2 rounds after Stafford and still get him. He doesnt become nearly the value if you draft him in the 3rd.

Oh I fully agree, I said he should come off the board then but defiantly will not. In a recent draft I partook in, I was able to wait until the 6th round to grab Ryan, being the second last person to grab a QB. The value there made my head explode. In that same draft, I took Julio as the 3rd WR overall.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby petedog9 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Nice... I am doing everything I can to trade for Julio Jones before he explodes...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk