Brady vs. Brees vs. Stafford - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Brady vs. Brees vs. Stafford

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady vs. Brees vs. Stafford

Postby MurrayKy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I have the 7th pick in a 12-team PPR with passing TD's worth 6 instead of 4, so I'm aiming for a QB in the first 2 rounds.

In the first round, with my 7th pick, I'd consider Brady or Brees. Who would be better?

Or should I wait for the second round and grab Stafford? I'm not even sure he'd be there at the 18th pick.
MurrayKy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brady vs. Brees vs. Stafford

Postby Stevooo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:37 pm

With passing TDs being worth 6 pnts I would be suprised if either Brady or Brees would be there at 7. Im guessing you'll be looking at Cam or Stafford if you wanna take a QB at 7. No way Stafford is there at 18. As for the question I like Brees over Brady.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wood Chipper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm

MurrayKy wrote:I have the 7th pick in a 12-team PPR with passing TD's worth 6 instead of 4, so I'm aiming for a QB in the first 2 rounds.

In the first round, with my 7th pick, I'd consider Brady or Brees. Who would be better?

Or should I wait for the second round and grab Stafford? I'm not even sure he'd be there at the 18th pick.

If you really do get the option of Brees or Brady then go with Brady.
But here is who I anticipate being gone by the time you pick...

Foster
Rice
Mccoy
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby GeneralTsou » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Ok I am on the same boat with the 6th pick in a 12-team PPR with 6 pts. for passing TDs. Most of the owners in my league are casual football guys. I am almost positive one of Brady or Brees will be available to me at #6. Is it a no brainer to take a QB here? Call me crazy, but I was actually going to take Ryan Mathews or possible CJ2K. I didn't realize how much difference the 6pts for pass TDs makes. I am insane not take QB here? Worst case scenario and top 3 QBs are taken, I will get either Foster, Rice, or McCoy
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bandoogie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 pm

I am new here, but I was going to take McCoy with the 3rd pick until I ran the numbers from last season as my league is .5ppr with 6pt TDs. Brady scored the least out of the big QB trio but that was still 100+ pts better than McCoy who scored the most out of the big RB trio, so I changed my approach and I am now taking Brady with the 3rd pick.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby dagnuk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

bandoogie wrote:I am new here, but I was going to take McCoy with the 3rd pick until I ran the numbers from last season as my league is .5ppr with 6pt TDs. Brady scored the least out of the big QB trio but that was still 100+ pts better than McCoy who scored the most out of the big RB trio, so I changed my approach and I am now taking Brady with the 3rd pick.

Don't think of it as Brady's total points versus a RB/WRs total points. Quarterbacks score more points than any other position in 99 percent of all leagues. If it's not a 2qb league, then Brady and McCoy's point totals are not comparable in a heads up manner. You need to compare Brady's scoring to an average qb starter in your league, so compare him to the worst QB starter (10th qb in 10 team leagues, 12 in 12 teamers, etc), then compare the top-3 RBs to an average RB starter (20th rb in a 10 teamer that starts 2 per, etc), and that point differential shows you something closer to the real value of the player.

If you want a quarterback, then take a quarterback. But in most scoring systems the top-3 RBs are worth more than a Brady/Rodgers because of the scarcity of heavy-workload/high performance running backs. It's just something to consider.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby bandoogie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks. This is not actually the first time I've come across that line of reasoning. I will consider it and crunch the appropriate numbers.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby thebigsmooth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 am

I would go Brady, Stafford, then Brees in that order. Good luck
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach