1st time auction player - how'd I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

1st time auction player - how'd I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st time auction player - how'd I do?

Postby V » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 pm

10 team, non-PPR, 2 QB (20 yds/point, 3 pts/TD, everything else standard scoring), keeper league (I inherited a team, kept Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant/CJ Spiller)

QB: Tony Romo - $37
QB: Matt Schaub - $22
RB: Jamaal Charles - $35
RB: Doug Martin - $25
WR: Calvin Johnson - $40
WR: Dez Bryant - $14
TE: Jacob Tamme - $2
Flex: CJ Spiller - $6
DEF: Baltimore - $1
K: Currently Empty (will drop a bench slot before the season starts)

BN: David Garrard - $1
BN: LaGarrette Blount - $2
BN: Evan Royster - $1
BN: Rashad Jennings - $2
BN: David Wilson - $5
BN: Pierre Garcon - $3
BN: Titus Young - $1
BN: Brandon LaFell - $1
BN: Kyle Rudolph - $1

(I'm definitely toast in week 5, with Romo/Megatron/Bryant/Martin all off that week)
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st time auction player - how'd I do?

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 am

I like your starting lineup overall. The Charles/Martin combination should put up above average numbers. Spiller/Garcon at flex should be solid. You have good sleepers in Rudolph, Lafell, Royster and Young. One will have to break out to make this a championship team. I am not a fan of Wilson for $5 and Jennings at $2. I do like Tamme for $2 and Spiller at $6.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slim4MVP » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am

I like your quarterbacks and wide receivers. I think that you got great value with Tamme at $2. I would really hit the waiver wore hard once the season starts to look for another RB that will get more touches. Jennings might as well not be there cuase MJD WILL play so I think you will need a little more RB depth. A great podcast I found that is strictly dedicated to auction laegue is called Fantasy Football Auctioneer that is free on iTunes. I have been in an auction for 4 years and its the only strictly auction content I have found online. Good Luck in your pool....you will be addicted after this season and you will never go back to the snake.
slim4MVP
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Uncle Bucketts » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 am

Spam
Uncle Bucketts
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby V » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 am

11stever11 wrote:I like your starting lineup overall. The Charles/Martin combination should put up above average numbers. Spiller/Garcon at flex should be solid. You have good sleepers in Rudolph, Lafell, Royster and Young. One will have to break out to make this a championship team. I am not a fan of Wilson for $5 and Jennings at $2. I do like Tamme for $2 and Spiller at $6.

Yeah, I definitely went too high on Wilson, but by that point I had been outbid to my max on the DeSean Jackson/Vincent Jackson/Miles Austin triumvirate, so was really hitting on the dregs. Keeper league, so he's a $10 keeper next year if Bradshaw goes down.

The one starter I really wanted and missed out on was Matt Ryan (over Matt Schaub); the other guy went a dollar over my max bid, so I had no shot.

Definitely will have to play the waiver wire game this year, but that's the main reason I waited on my bench WRs; SOMEONE will break out.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings