Brock Osweiler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brock Osweiler

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Interesting article:

Posted: Friday August 3, 2012 8:25 PM
Rookie Osweiler a sponge around Manning
AP Pro Football Writer

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - All eyes are on Peyton Manning, especially rookie Brock Osweiler's.

The Denver Broncos' other new quarterback is a 6-foot-8 passing project who's the first signal-caller ever drafted with the intention of one day succeeding Manning.

Osweiler, who bears a striking resemblance to "Twilight'' actor Robert Pattinson, wants to look more like Manning. So, he's taking advantage of his apprenticeship by asking lots of questions, scribbling copious notes and emulating the four-time MVP on the field and in the weight room.

Osweiler seems genuinely thrilled to be in Manning's shadow and for however long it takes, gladly biding his time while learning as much as he can from one of the game's all-time greats.

"Well, I'm in a great situation, no doubt about it,'' Osweiler said. "I think the biggest thing for me is I'm not wasting a day. Watching everything Peyton does, taking as many notes as I possibly can.''

A second-round pick who started just one season at Arizona State, Osweiler signed a $3.1 million, four-year contract last month. If all goes well for the Broncos, he'll become eligible for free agency without ever having taken a meaningful snap because Manning's $96 million deal is one year longer than Osweiler's.

con't...

more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... =obnetwork
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk