Leagues for Money. Do they exist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Leagues for Money. Do they exist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leagues for Money. Do they exist?

Postby youvejustbeenhad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 am

I've been looking round for a website that has leagues with entry fees and payout (they take a management cut). I can't find any so far that look reliable, has anyone had good experiences in the past?
Thanks
youvejustbeenhad
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Leagues for Money. Do they exist?

Postby Indibuck » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 am

youvejustbeenhad wrote:I've been looking round for a website that has leagues with entry fees and payout (they take a management cut). I can't find any so far that look reliable, has anyone had good experiences in the past?
Thanks

There are a ton of leagues out there, with every type of scoring system you can imagine.

Check out our Classifieds forum: viewforum.php?f=4

And as you acknowledged, buyer beware when it comes to picking a league. I would never join a payout league with strangers that didn't use leaguesafe or some other escrow service... a third party that will hold league money until it is time to be awarded.

Good luck ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 pm

I notice that Yahoo has money leagues this season with entry fees of $20 or $100 - leagues are public leagues
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby fantasycube » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 am

The Yahoo! Pro leagues are interesting!
They have the following restrictions though, since it is a form of gambling:

You must be a legal resident of the U.S. and D.C. (excluding residents of Arizona, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, Vermont, and Washington), who is age 18 and over and the age of majority in your primary state of residence, in order to participate in Pro Leagues.
fantasycube
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum