The Mystery That is The Detroit Backfield - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Mystery That is The Detroit Backfield

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Mystery That is The Detroit Backfield

Postby k.k. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm

If Detroit does actually acquire Chris Ivory from the Saints, you will literally hear the stampede to the waiver wire league to league to add him.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Ivory has looked pretty bad for the Saints, but will be the starter in Detroit? Just having a hard time getting excited about Ivory. Have not seen much of him this preseason, but what I saw, well, the word mediocre comes right to mind.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:02 pm

I have been saying it for months now:
Best - will not play and if he does it will be one game and done
LeShoure - will be the most productive back for Detroit even with the suspension
Smith - will get the first 2 starts then back up LeShoure
Rest - Will not have a fantasy impact unless many injuries
RB not currently on roster - the Lions will not make a move for a RB unless many injuries - even with that I do not see them adding anyone
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 am

It's a difficult one. Leshoure surely has most of the hype now. I'm not buying the whole trade thing, because they just drafted one but it would make sense since this could be THEIR season. Can you imagine fantasy headlines if MJD got traded there?
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 pm

ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert believes the Lions are prepared to give RB Mikel Leshoure "as much work as his conditioning will allow" versus the Titans in Week 3.
Coordinator Scott Linehan recently said Leshoure will "certainly be involved heavily in the game plan and we'll go from there." Seifert believes Leshoure is "by far the most talented running back on the Lions' roster" if he's fully recovered from Achilles surgery. While that's a big "if," Leshoure does need to be rostered in 10- and 12-team leagues this week. Pick him up if he's available.
Related: Kevin Smith
Source: ESPN.com
Sep 18 - 1:18 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Detroit Lions' Jahvid Best expects test results Friday, not considering retirement if not cleared
Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on October 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM, updated October 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM

ALLEN PARK -- It's been nearly a year since Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best suffered a concussion against the San Francisco 49ers. After taking tests on Monday, he expects to learn Friday whether he's finally cleared to return to the field.

"I can't give you my opinion on how it went, I'm just hopeful for the best for tomorrow," Best said.

Best was easy-going and all smiles as he answered questions from reporters on Thursday, explaining he's done everything in his power to return to action.

A healthy Best would provide an immediate boost for the Lions offense. On Tuesday, coach Jim Schwartz said the running back is in the best shape of his career.

"I've just been working out like an animal," Best said. "I've had nothing else to do."

The Lions' running game has suffered with Best out of action. Plus, with all the zone coverage looks opposing defenses have been utilizing this season, the speedy back could be a real weapon as a receiver out of the backfield.

con't...

more: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... _expe.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmm, clear as mud:

Jahvid Best's tests results unknown, according to Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz
Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com
on October 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM, updated October 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz said he did not know the results of running back Jahvid Best's neurological tests as of Friday afternoon.

Best was tested this past Monday after sustaining at least his third concussion about one year ago. He has not been cleared to play since sustaining that injury, but was hopeful there might be enough improvement to come off the Lions' physically unable to perform list on Monday.

"I don't have any updates," Schwartz said. "He's been through a lot of testing this week. As far as I know, they are still going over the results. I don't know if we'd even hear anything today. That's still an ongoing process, but his testing, as far as I know, has been completed.

"I don't know if there is anything else they will require there. I haven't gotten any word."

Schwartz also sounded pessimistic about receiving the results today.

"The results of tests are a lot different than analyzing those (tests)," Schwartz said. "Then again, it's not like we go over them. That's doctors that do that.

con't...

more: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... s_unk.html
stomperrob

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Not encouraging.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm

That stinks. Schwartz is so smart when it comes to injury reports (sarcasm) When does the league mandate the Lions give an answer on this?
Hope is that Schwartz is just trying to keep the Iggles guessing (rolling my eyes at the brilliance)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 pm

There seems to be a lotta secrecy and misinformation surrounding Best - I'm thinking maybe he's a CIA agent planted in the Lions! :-b
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk