50%
Marshawn Lynch
9%
Doug Martin
5%

Total votes : 22

Which RB would you take?

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

PPR League, this decision is going to drive me nuts for 4 more days til draft time. It's a 12 team league with 4 keepers.

RB Trent Richardson, Cle (was going to take him until the 2nd knee scope, now I'm concerned)
RB Demarco Murray, Dal (superb talent, taking his avg pts during his big 7 game stretch over 16 would have made him the 5th best RB in our league, he's an injury waiting to happen though)
RB Marshawn Lynch (1 year wonder? Just got paid and has the DUI going on)
RB Doug Martin (Looking like a stud in Tampa but still competing with Blount)
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which RB would you take?

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 am

Since its a keeper league, you'd have to take Richardson right? Rookie stud. Martin is tempting, but the consensus seems to be that Richardson is the most talented RB since Peterson. Murray is a significant injury risk and Lynch seems like the least valuable of the bunch keeper or not.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby cblazin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I voted Murray. Much better offense and you have already seen what he is capable of, not to mention he's still young.
cblazin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I voted Richardson. Its not as if this is a major surgery that is going to delay him by months. Murray is a huge injury risk to be taking at 2 overall. You'll be keeping Richardson for years, and his numbers will be better than Lynch or Martin.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Egg2828 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Richardson or Murry basicly. I vote DMurry. He has high power Offense and a QB to move the ball. Richardson will get a lot of touches but how much will he really do?

Murry was KILLING it until injury last season.
Better team, qb,wr,te more goal line chances!
Money $hot
Egg2828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 36)

Postby LMack » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Rotoworld wrote:The Cleveland Plain Dealer has confirmed that Trent Richardson will have arthroscopic left knee surgery Thursday.

I voted Murray ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 pm

No one is worried about Murray following the trend set by Julius Jones and Felix Jones down there in dallas? Injury prone guys with good rookie years who never take the next step, or will he be a top 10 RB? Word has it they wanna get him more catches, he was already catching a decent amount of passes, if he ascends to that 50-60+ level in PPR and gets goalline carries, if he stays healthy he could just be insane.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby johnny p » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Going with Richardson..... could do a little less than Murray this year, but could do a LOT more, and he seems like a safer pick long-term.
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Jason497 wrote:No one is worried about Murray following the trend set by Julius Jones and Felix Jones down there in dallas? Injury prone guys with good rookie years who never take the next step, or will he be a top 10 RB? Word has it they wanna get him more catches, he was already catching a decent amount of passes, if he ascends to that 50-60+ level in PPR and gets goalline carries, if he stays healthy he could just be insane.

He's too injury prone for me to take that early. Not just as a rookie, but quite a history in college as well.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dagnuk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 pm

As it stands right now:

Draft Lynch, until he does something that warrants an immediate suspension.

I'd have voted for Richardson before his surgery. Missing the rest of camp and preseason just screams they will have to integrate him slowly for the first few weeks. He is a rookie, who now gets to sit out practice. Coaches hate starting rookies who have been in an entire camp, because of pass protection, timing and consistency issues. I would have overlooked all of this had he forged a healthy preseason (or were a 2nd year player, who already had this experience on the pro level).

I'd have voted for Murray, but injury riddled Dallas Cowboys running backs just don't do it for me, anymore (after owning Barber, Julius Jones, Barber again, Felix Jones, Barber again, Demarco Murray and Felix Jones, again).

I'd have voted for Doug Martin, but he needs to play in a preseason game, starting with the first team before I rate/draft him as highly as the others. Blount is currently the lead back on the depth chart and starting the week 1 game of the preseason, and I know this doesn't mean anything of substance. However, until I am assured that this isn't anything close to a 50/50 time split, like it smells, I'd take every other back on this poll over Doug Martin.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions