50%
Marshawn Lynch
9%
Doug Martin
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Which RB would you take?

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:28 pm

The knock on Mathews was durability concerns and he snaps his clavicle tonight. Seeing that happen to 1 RB with durability concerns has me leaning away from Demarco. It changes by the hour lol.

Honestly, if Trent Richardson has a slow september and then dominates the last 12 weeks of the season it will be a pick well worth it since I can keep him going forward. I guess I'm concerned there's more to the knee issues than they are letting on.

I remember everyone was scared to draft MJD last year because his knee injury, it was even described as a "bone on bone" condition, and he went off for the rushing title. If it's as minor as they say it is and he's back in 2-3 weeks good as new, and I pass on him and he turns into the next Adrian Peterson, I'll hate myself.

But then I'm really high on Demarco and Felix Jones would be an easy handcuff to aquire....ugh, I wish someone would have dropped Ray Rice or Lesean Mccoy lol.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dagnuk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Good point on the Richardson-keeper issue. That makes it much easier to swallow the pill of a potential slow start, because if he plays up to potential for 3/4 of the season, the he definitely IS worth the pick and keeper considerations. I was thinking of it in "sky-is-falling" mode, because of the sudden rash of injuries, and it's only day 1 of week 1 of preseason games with Mathews and Vick scares, "I'm just not going to pick ANYBODY in the first round! That'll show 'em! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM ALL!"
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Yeah, I own Vick in another league but I have Eli Manning as his backup. X-rays were negative so that's good news.

Speaking of injuries there was a report last week that Demaryius Thomas's Achilles "tightened up" on him, I was glad to see him out on the field tonight, had a catch wiped out by a holding penalty and got a redzone target from Peyton. Even though he didn't put up any stats I thought it was a promising start.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby dagnuk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Thomas is a huge target and he should get a lot of red zone looks. It would be wasteful for him not to! Both he and Decker should be in for good seasons. I'm just certain that I will pick the wrong one, so hopefully this turns into a Harrison/Wayne situation, where there really isn't a wrong answer.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

dagnuk wrote:Thomas is a huge target and he should get a lot of red zone looks. It would be wasteful for him not to! Both he and Decker should be in for good seasons. I'm just certain that I will pick the wrong one, so hopefully this turns into a Harrison/Wayne situation, where there really isn't a wrong answer.

That's what I'm hoping too. I own Thomas in 3 out of 4 leagues so I'm all in on him, I hit the WW for him in 2 of them last year and got him in a trade for Matt Hasselbeck in the other lol.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby dagnuk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 pm

It's hard to bet against him, with Peyton Manning at quarterback. He's made Reggie Wayne and a cast of sock puppets into a formidable aerial attack, so Thomas will be, at the very least, startable every week, and worthy of it.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Jason497 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

The thing that sucks about this situation too is Dallas plays the monday night game this week, so I won't even get to see Demarco Murray in a preseason game before I draft, since my draft is monday. It's a slow draft, 12 hours a pick, but since it starts 8am and I have the 2nd pick, I gotta go into this in the dark here. Of course a good preseason game from Demarco wouldn't change my views, he dominated last year and so did Felix Jones last preseason...but an injury or a horrendous showing would be alarming.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby toof90 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 am

I thinkk its a toss up between Murray or Richardson
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby toof90 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 am

I thinkk its a toss up between Murray or Richardson
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Jason497 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 am

I was trying to do my homework...man, Richardson had a ridiculous 2017 yards from scrimmage and 24 touchdowns last season in the SEC, that's just sick. Of course Mark Ingram had a similar season (1992, 20 TDs) in 2009 and that didn't matter much last year.

Argh, and of course the poll is split 8 votes a piece lol.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions