stomperrob wrote:10 Things I learned from game 1:
1) Bentley may be the answer at CB
2) The running game is fine with Bell & Williams
3) Moore is a great kid, but not quite ready for prime time
4) Logan can make the transition to RB in a pinch
5) Schwartz appears to have gotten over beating up opposing coaches during the post game handshake
6) Turnovers are a problem
7) Pass defense needs work
8) D-line was impressive at times
9) Dimke looked good, but Hanson's job is safe this year
10) Most important - ignore items 1-9, it's the preseason for gawd's sake and they mean nothing!!!
LOL Of item 10 I am in complete agreement. Bentley looked okay, promising. Not sure how much to read into Williams rushing, would like to see Bell vs starters next week. I think you need to see how a guy does in 'real' time. Bell could be a surprise, but may never see the chance as they roll out the retreads. fav nonplayer moment was when colorman talks about the cheering "the fans are picking up right where they left off on Monday Night." It's okay, I didn't like that shirt anyway. But I had other plans for my beer. Hyperbole's finest hour.
Thought Weeden of the Browns looked okay, like he wasn't too rattled. way early yet. Otherwise, unimpressed by the Brownies effort. Sadly Suh's baddash moment was pretty tame. Where is the fire, Ndomikong? eh, week 1 X-games.