Return to Football Talk

Alshon Jeffery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alshon Jeffery

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Sounds good so far:

Bears rookie WR Alshon Jeffery has been earning high praise
BY SEAN JENSEN sjensen@suntimes.com August 8, 2012 9:10PM

BOURBONNAIS — When practice concluded Tuesday, a reporter intercepted Bears rookie Alshon Jeffery and relayed the high praise from Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Tillman.

“The best way to say it is, he’s a Brandon Marshall in the making,” Tillman told the Sun-Times. “He has that capability to be as good as Brandon if he continues to have the work ethic and work on ball skills and work to be a better player.

“But he can definitely be on that level.”

Such a glowing comment from a veteran who isn’t known for hyperbole usually would prompt a rookie to smile and strut.

Not Jeffery, though, who shyly — and unconvincingly — said, “That’s a great compliment.”

As the Bears prepare for their preseason opener, then conclude their final week at Olivet Nazarene University, coaches and teammates roundly approve of the second-round pick, who regularly makes routine and spectacular catches. In fact, if the Bears had one of those gimmicky applause-o-meters, Jeffery’s highlights would rank among the most crowd-pleasing at training camp.

con't...

more: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football ... raise.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alshon Jeffery

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Are there any Bares fans out there who go to practices? Would love to hear firsthand reports on how this kid looks. He is in a perfect spot for success.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:51 pm

That is why I nabbed him in Horse Traders Dynasty. Tons of upside! ;-D Nice mid round gamble in a redraft to
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:That is why I nabbed him in Horse Traders Dynasty. Tons of upside! ;-D Nice mid round gamble in a redraft to

Mid round in redraft? You think that highly of him? hmmm.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 pm

moochman wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:That is why I nabbed him in Horse Traders Dynasty. Tons of upside! ;-D Nice mid round gamble in a redraft to

Mid round in redraft? You think that highly of him? hmmm.

Id take a gamble on him in the 9th-11th sure. Well maybe a little later. Need to run some FF calculators to see where he is going and assess where I can get him. Either way Ill be one of the first in my money league to consider him. I think he will start opposite Marshall. I might be higher than most on him.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Wood Chipper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

i like him too! Thanks Cowboy :)
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Monday Night Countdown that Alshon Jeffery's fractured right hand is expected to cost him 4-6 weeks.
An earlier report from ESPN Chicago was more optimistic, suggesting Jeffery might only miss "a few weeks." But it sounds like Jeffery will be out longer than the Bears' Week 6 bye, and probably much longer. In the Bears' first five games, Jeffery showed promise playing opposite Brandon Marshall, securing 14 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns. Aside from perhaps Kendall Wright down in Tennessee, Jeffery was the best early-season rookie wide receiver in the league over the first month-plus. Now, he'd return in Week 9 in an absolute best-case scenario.
Oct 8 - 7:56 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:24 am

Update:

Bears' Jeffery poised for action
Rookie receiver practiced in full Friday after recovery from broken right hand
By Vaughn McClure, Chicago Tribune reporter
10:18 p.m. CST, November 16, 2012

It appears Jason Campbell will have the Bears' full complement of offensive weapons Monday night against the 49ers.

Receiver Alshon Jeffery, who hasn't played since he fractured his right hand in Week 5 against the Jaguars, had full participation in practice Friday. The rookie has 14 catches for 184 yards and two touchdowns despite missing four games.

Coach Lovie Smith was asked about the impact of having Jeffery back.

"Huge,'' Smith said. "Alshon was playing great ball. (He's) another big target, another guy for Jason to throw to if it comes to that, another guy with some size to block if we lean more toward the run.''

Offensive coordinator Mike Tice is equally enthused about Jeffery's return.

con't...

more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 4804.story
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk