Moderator: Football Moderators

Delmas - knee surgery

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Hopefully not a big deal:

Lions' Louis Delmas has knee surgery
2:40 PM, August 8, 2012
By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

When Louis Delmas sat out his first practice of training camp a week ago Monday, Lions coach Jim Schwartz called it “preventative medicine.”

On Tuesday, the diagnosis became a bit more severe.

The Lions said today that Delmas underwent “a surgical procedure” Tuesday on his ailing left knee by Dr. James Andrews. Schwartz declined to put a timetable on Delmas’ recovery, but teammates said they hope to have their starting safety back by the beginning of the regular season.

“First it was sore and it was, “OK, take a day off,’” Schwartz said. “And then the next day it was still sore and he tried to go again, he tried to get back in and we just weren’t getting anywhere with it. So that was really the only thing that changed.”

Delmas has not practiced since last Tuesday, when he did position drills and took a few seven-on-seven snaps, then retreated to the sideline with an icebag taped to his knee.

Officially, Delmas, who missed five games last year with a partial ligament tear in his right knee that eventually required surgery, is listed as week-to-week.

con't...

more: http://www.freep.com/article/20120808/S ... it%20Lions
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Delmas - knee surgery

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Lions have to be one of the more fragile teams in the league. Should this injury be as bad as I fear, our secondary could once again be a joke.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions