Preseason week 1 commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Preseason week 1 commentary

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Preseason week 1 commentary

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I'm lovin' my 3.01 pick of Luck in my dynasty startup league and also grabbing him in another dynasty rookie draft where I desperately needed help at QB.

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Hat's off to ya. The few highlights i've seen, Luck looked like a pro QB. At this point that is all you can ask. Could be the Colts (and you) landed a gem there.

He seems very poised and not at all intimidated by playing with the big boys in the NFL.

So you are going to insist on calling the Rams D "the big boys in the NFL"? :-D
Luck always struck me as someone who was cool under pressure. Now you have me excited about this kid. For football's sake ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 pm

moochman wrote:So you are going to insist on calling the Rams D "the big boys in the NFL"? :-D

There is that little thing to consider. StL helped. Still, plenty to praise.

38-3 Good Guys as we wind down the 4th. It felt good to watch an NFL game on a Sunday that wasn't a rerun.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
moochman wrote:So you are going to insist on calling the Rams D "the big boys in the NFL"? :-D

38-3 Good Guys as we wind down the 4th. It felt good to watch an NFL game on a Sunday that wasn't a rerun.

Big boys yes, I didn't say "good" though, lol! I'm sure Luck will be fine when he has to play against a real team! :-b

Bradford was okay in very limited action, the Rams as a whole still have a long way to go, not sure how they will do or what pieces are still missing, but I think Fisher will get the best outta what he has but may need another year or two to get this team up to snuff.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 pm

stomperrob wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:

Big boys yes, I didn't say "good" though, lol! I'm sure Luck will be fine when he has to play against a real team! :-b

Bradford was okay in very limited action, the Rams as a whole still have a long way to go, not sure how they will do or what pieces are still missing, but I think Fisher will get the best outta what he has but may need another year or two to get this team up to snuff.

Hope you are right, Rams start to improve starting week two. :-b Hope Fish doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve for his former DC Schwartz.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Anybody still think RGIII is the rookie QB to own? Today was so fun to watch. If, a big if, the line can give him time, Luck is going to excel from day one.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 255)

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm

murphysxm wrote:Anybody still think RGIII is the rookie QB to own? Today was so fun to watch. If, a big if, the line can give him time, Luck is going to excel from day one.

I have always liked pocket QBs over runners. RG III is still in a better situation to succeed. If he can be accurate, he can be the better QB. Luck will be asked to do more on a game by game basis, so while RG3 may have better outcomes, Luck could have to throw the ball a ton.
So one is left to as oneself: "Self, do you feel Lucky" And draft accordingly.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Please pull my ears out of my head before I have to hear another word from chucky.

thank you.
\

what? it's nine twenty eight.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Love to see the Cowboys looking average as usual - 1 playoff win in 15 years and Jerry Jones doesn't get the message that he's an idiot as a GM - what is with the arrogance that just because he's a successful businessman he assumes that makes him qualified to be and NFL GM - there's a reason why your team keeps falling on its face since ya showed Jimmy Johnson the door. Any minor successes the team has enjoyed is in spite of you, not because of you - big difference!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 am

stomperrob wrote:Love to see the Cowboys looking average as usual - 1 playoff win in 15 years and Jerry Jones doesn't get the message that he's an idiot as a GM - what is with the arrogance that just because he's a successful businessman he assumes that makes him qualified to be and NFL GM - there's a reason why your team keeps falling on its face since ya showed Jimmy Johnson the door. Any minor successes the team has enjoyed is in spite of you, not because of you - big difference!

I do love seeing the Cowboys do not well. It makes me rather happy. :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 48)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm

stomperrob wrote:Love to see the Cowboys looking average as usual - 1 playoff win in 15 years and Jerry Jones doesn't get the message that he's an idiot as a GM - what is with the arrogance that just because he's a successful businessman he assumes that makes him qualified to be and NFL GM - there's a reason why your team keeps falling on its face since ya showed Jimmy Johnson the door. Any minor successes the team has enjoyed is in spite of you, not because of you - big difference!

Somebody is in midseason form. But I guess hating Cowpies is a year round passion. ;-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting