jimmy graham or forte? & VBD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

jimmy graham or forte? & VBD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: jimmy graham or forte? & VBD

Postby yetiboy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 am

For both Forte and McFadden to be gone, it would have to have been McCoy/Rice/Foster, Rodgers, Calvin, then 4 out of Brees, Brady, McFadden, Forte and CJ2K. In other words, you'd still be able to get Brees, Brady or CJ at this point - I'd be taking one of them. Virtually everyone else on your list will be there in the 2nd for you (probably not Graham though).

Your WR options at this point are the same as they will be in the 2nd and possibly even 3rd, since WR is incredibly deep and there are only 10 teams. The only unfortunate thing is you won't have the chance to get Julio - such enormous upside especially in PPR, but unless you want to make a huge reach in the 2nd he'll probably be gone in the 3rd.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sabomnim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 am

yetiboy wrote:For both Forte and McFadden to be gone, it would have to have been McCoy/Rice/Foster, Rodgers, Calvin, then 4 out of Brees, Brady, McFadden, Forte and CJ2K. In other words, you'd still be able to get Brees, Brady or CJ at this point - I'd be taking one of them. Virtually everyone else on your list will be there in the 2nd for you (probably not Graham though).

Your WR options at this point are the same as they will be in the 2nd and possibly even 3rd, since WR is incredibly deep and there are only 10 teams. The only unfortunate thing is you won't have the chance to get Julio - such enormous upside especially in PPR, but unless you want to make a huge reach in the 2nd he'll probably be gone in the 3rd.

yeti

so what do you suggest for the second
if the first round goes like this:
foster/mccoy/rice, rodgers, calvin, CJ, forte, DMC
say I go brady

there is a very good chance pick 10 will be fitz and 11 a RB

with my 2nd pick at pick 12, do I then go RB (mathews, richardson, charles, peterson, etc), WR (welker or white), or go graham
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby shmity72 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:11 am

forte or mcfadden all day b4 graham...

then it's a little murkier you took qb first so..yah, judgement call on your part.

just how much of the 'elite' te juice have you drunk? :)
QB: Russell Wilson, sam bradford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Demarco Murray, jacquizz Rodgers, mcgahee
WR: Torrey Smith, Chris Givens, DeAndre Hopkins, Anquan Boldin,
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: Patriots
K:Dan Bailey cowboys

championship here I come.
shmity72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 52)

Postby yetiboy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 pm

If you go QB (I think Brady or Brees would be a great pick for you, incidentally), keep in mind that after your 2nd pick you'll have to wait 17 picks for your next one. That means a good chunk of the RB and WR will be gone by your 3rd. As I said, WR is very deep so I would probably be looking at a RB at this point. Honestly, none jump off the page at me and I'm in a similar situation (8th in a 12 team with DMC already being kept). They all have their risks, it just kind of depends on how much value you put in the reports from camp so far.

From what I've read, Charles has looked good but Hillis will definitely poach carries and goal line. Mathews is obviously out for a 1-2 games, but probably has the most upside of the group. Richardson is banged up, but certainly has potential - but do you really want to rely on a rookie as your #1? And ADP is off the injured list, remains to be seen how he does in practice and/or any preseason if he gets in there.

I'm a strong believer in not focusing on who COULD get hurt, since it's impossible to predict, so I'm disregarding fragile tags for the most part.

I don't remember if you mentioned how long it is until your draft, but if you have time I'd wait and see how the preseason pans out. If he's healthy and running reasonably well, I'd probably go with ADP since he will be the focus of the offense and we've all seen what he can do.

So here's the question: Do you want to roll the dice and shoot high or play it safe? You could reach for someone with enormous upside (eg. Julio) or go with a back who's likely to be reliable but won't have monster games (eg. Charles). Keep in mind - it doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or 50 points, so personally I'd be going with reliability.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions