Online draft w/ no preset rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Online draft w/ no preset rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Online draft w/ no preset rankings

Postby las8 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:56 am

Hey, new member here. Have been working on a solution for my problem for a couple days with the draft approaching. I am having no luck so I figured I would ask for help. I am the commish of a league that has always done an offline draft. Most graduated from college this last year, so that is no longer an option. One of the key aspects of our draft was the list of players in each position separated by team then arranged alphabetically. This eliminates the notion to just choose one of the best ranked players remaining which I have seen on sites that use prerankings. I really only have experience w/ ESPN and CBS. I was hoping that on mainstream site like one of these I would be able to change the rankings or whatever. That is not the case. I have been struggling to find even a software that does not use a preranked list. My last option was using a software called Mikogo which allows people to remotely see what is on my computer screen. I would probably use excel to create a list, but that limits other users to access and scroll through out positions unless I send them the files. That or finding a draft board software and send them my list and then using a chat room to make the picks. I am honestly struggling w/ a solution for this problem. So if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks
las8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Online draft w/ no preset rankings

Postby las8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 am

Everyone uses a preranked draft system?? I honestly do not think that is a true test to football knowledge which is why I prefer this other method. It is panning out to be much easier to accomplish in an offline draft.
las8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: Online draft w/ no preset rankings

Postby Hags888 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:38 am

I use ESPN, and I know that each person can preset their own rankings and upload those into the draft software, or you can use the ESPN ranking too. I don't know if you can turn it off, as I've never tried...sorry!
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Commissioner's Corner