Need trade advice!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need trade advice!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need trade advice!!!

Postby xclusive1987 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 am

Alright, the guy who has Drew Brees in my league is putting him on the trading block. Here's my team (keep 3, non-PPR):

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: AJ Green
WR: Demaryius Thomas
TE: Antonio Gates
DEF: Giants D/ST
K: Sebastion Janikowski

BN: Doug Martin
BN: Denarius Moore
BN: Carson Palmer
BN: Kyle Rudolph
BN: Beanie Wells
BN: Peyton Hillis

Was debating offering Eli and Doug Martin. Do you guys think that's a good deal?
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need trade advice!!!

Postby Jason497 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 am

It's worth a try...
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 pm

To me, your potential future keepers are likely two of Johnson, TRich, Martin and one of Fitz/Green and I don't think I'd keep Brees over any of them in future seasons. So, with that said I don't think I'd take the upgrade at QB for a guy you're throwing back anyway to give up a potential stud keeper in Martin. If anything I'd be shooting for the stars with Rodgers or packaging two lesser position players for a Big 3 RB. Nothing wrong with 3 potential top-10 RBs in a start-2 league IMO ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby xclusive1987 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:To me, your potential future keepers are likely two of Johnson, TRich, Martin and one of Fitz/Green and I don't think I'd keep Brees over any of them in future seasons. So, with that said I don't think I'd take the upgrade at QB for a guy you're throwing back anyway to give up a potential stud keeper in Martin. If anything I'd be shooting for the stars with Rodgers or packaging two lesser position players for a Big 3 RB. Nothing wrong with 3 potential top-10 RBs in a start-2 league IMO ;-)

I like the way you think. But then again, I feel like I already have a good group of guys to look at for keepers, so losing Martin wouldn't be too big in that aspect. I think I'm gonna offer it and see what he says. If I can add Brees, I really like my odds of winning the division and doing some damage in the post season.
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions