who to keep (weird keeper rules)! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

who to keep (weird keeper rules)!

Moderator: Football Moderators

who to keep (weird keeper rules)!

Postby rainbowjeremy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:43 am

So I am in a fantasy keeper league where you may keep as many players as you want, but for every player you keep, you lose a round in the draft. It is not the round you drafted the person, but goes chronologically, so If i take 1 player I lose 1st round, 2 players I lose 1st and 2nd, and so on.

this is a HEAD to HEAD league, NON-PPR, and starting lineups are QB, WR,WR,WR,HB,HB, W/T/HB, K, DEF with six bench spots.

Who do you believe will be valuable to keep in this format? keep in mind this is an 8 team SHALLOW league, but people will be conservative when holding on to their players.

TEAM:
Lesean Mccoy
Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Greg Jennings
Jamal Charles
Dez Bryant
Kenny Britt
Fred Davis
Ryan Helu
Vincent Jackson
Big Ben
Torrey Smith
Jon Stewart
Javid Best
Ben Tate
rainbowjeremy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to keep (weird keeper rules)!

Postby Jason497 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 am

What spot are you picking at?

Lesean Mccoy is a lock as a 1st rounder no matter what.

If you pick early first (and thus late 2nd) maybe you keep Gronk or Cam, and if you do that then the other for a 3rd is a decent move too. It depends on where you pick and who you think will be available, ect...

It's hard for me to gauge since I haven't been doing any 8 team mocks or anything.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 am

Lots of good keepers there IMO, and in a shallow league where elite talents are surpreme, I think you should at least keep McCoy, Gronk and Cam. You have top-3 guy in Shady, a fringe 1st-rounder in Gronk and a QB you prolly can't get back in the 3rd if you throw him back either. I think Charles is a borderline keeper as your 3rd or 4th (depending on how you feel about Cam), but with it not being PPR and him coming off the injury I wouldn't be opposed to throwing him back. I don't think anyone else is worth keeping as you can likely do as well/better at WR1 and the lesser positions.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rainbowjeremy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 pm

you don't think jennings or bryant deserve keeper status?
rainbowjeremy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby murphysxm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 pm

rainbowjeremy wrote:TEAM:
Lesean Mccoy
Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Greg Jennings
Jamal Charles
Dez Bryant

I'd keep these guys as my first 6 rounds of any draft, than I would need to know what else is being kept
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby dagnuk » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

murphysxm wrote:
rainbowjeremy wrote:TEAM:
Lesean Mccoy
Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Greg Jennings
Jamal Charles
Dez Bryant

I'd keep these guys as my first 6 rounds of any draft, than I would need to know what else is being kept

I may, or I may not, keep Dez because of his off-field issues, but you could do a lot worse than Dez Bryant in the 6th round. It really depends on what is out there.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby rainbowjeremy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 am

just to update, I have heard what people are keeping, and the people in my league are NUTS. One kid is keeping 9 players, which includes Josh Freeman as his backup QB, and another is keeping 14 players. It looks like its slim pickins so i might have to keep players like vincent jackson and the like. what do you yall think?
rainbowjeremy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby yetiboy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:50 am

You still haven't said where you're supposed to be picking. I also just noticed the 3WR AND a flex spot, which makes things interesting - lucky for you WR is deep.

Given what you've said about others in the league, it's likely better you keep more than less since there's not going to much to choose from at the top. As a result, I'd be keeping Shady, Cam, Gronk, Jennings, Charles, Bryant, Jackson and Tate. That gives you a pretty good starting lineup, you just need an alternate possible flex play (Tate is a stud, but obviously won't get enough playing time - worth keeping in case of an injury though) and then you can start loading up on potential breakout candidates and backups.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions