Keeper Conundrum (scratching my head) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Conundrum (scratching my head)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Keeper Conundrum (scratching my head)

Postby Fasteddy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:54 pm

I wouldn't have Wells on on team of mine. Just too much of an injury risk for me.

Thanks with your help on mine.
If you love something, let it go....
If it loves you, it will come back to you...
If it doesn't come back to you...
You can always hunt it down and kill it....
Fasteddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BurritoBoy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I agree. I really like Hernandez, and I think Tate is a good guy to keep. He'll be a RFA this year, and I'm sure there are many teams who would pay him money that the Texan's can't afford to give their second RB. I also like Spiller, he could be a great flex play and if FJ goes down he can put up good numbers.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby spread eagles » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:I agree. I really like Hernandez, and I think Tate is a good guy to keep. He'll be a RFA this year, and I'm sure there are many teams who would pay him money that the Texan's can't afford to give their second RB. I also like Spiller, he could be a great flex play and if FJ goes down he can put up good numbers.

Here I was thinking he has two years left on his contract...but what you mean is that if he stays upright this year, some team will offer an amount the texans will most likely be unable to match considering that they have foster...is that correct. Or would he have to play out his 4th year of the contract making $550k/yr? Sorry for my ignorance around the unrestricted free agent vs. restricted free agent thing.

If what you say is true, this make it really easy for me...because I don't think I'm going to have the horses to pull off a ship this year unless foster goes down.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)

Postby bearsfanatic » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 am

Thx for the help with mine. I think your doing the right thing with Tate. The guys the best BU in the league and would be huge should something happen to Foster. With that few RBs available, I think it's a no brainer.
bearsfanatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:00 am

Ben Tate isn't a RFRA next year, he has 2 years left on his contract. He signed a 4 year $3.337M contract in 2010. Unless Houston decides to trade him (in lieu of getting nothing for him) next year, he's stuck playing for his $490K salary in 2012 and $575K salary in 2013.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions