Rate my team! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team! WHIR

Postby MurrayKy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:19 am

I'm in a PPR 12-team league with 6 points for passing TD's.

With WR's being so deep this year, I think I drafted them too early and screwed up on my RB situation.

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Jonathan Stewart
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Brandon Marshall
FLEX - Percy Harvin
TE - Jared Cook
K - Alex Henery
D/ST - Chiefs

BE - Carson Palmer
BE - Robert Meachem
BE - Anquan Boldin
BE - Rashard Mendenhall
BE - Tim Hightower
BE - Shane Vereen
BE - Mark Sanchez (dropping him, only picked him in the last round because I'm a Jets fan haha)

I'm picking up Dustin Keller off of waivers to solve my TE problem, but I still feel like I'm very weak at RB and D/ST. Tips, trades to make, etc? I would also appreciate a /10 ranking for my team, and a /10 ranking for every position if you wouldn't mind. Thanks and WHIR!
MurrayKy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team! WHIR

Postby bkingalstar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 am

Honestly, I believe that Hightower will be a big player this year. Would be nice to have seen a consistent back like Green-Ellis on your squad besides Turner.
QB-10 - You have the best QB in the game.
RB-5 Turner is good but other than that it needs some work. I don't see Mendenhall producing at all this year.
WR-9 FItzgerald is always a sure bet and Brandon Marshall is fantastic with Jay Cutler. Percy Harvin will play in 5 games because of migranes but Meachem will fill in fine.
TE-6 Cook is average and even Dustin Keller wont change much about that rank.
DEF-5 Never know what to expect from Kansas City
K-6 The Eagles will stall in the RedZone a lot IMO.
Bench-4 Could have other players to fill depth but a few potential break out players. (Who drafts Mark Sanchez?)
bkingalstar
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team! WHIR

Postby bradleyk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:49 am

QB - 10/10. I'm convinced that Brady and Lloyd each being reunited with Josh McDaniels is fantasy gold for Brady. I know that not everyone else is going to agree, but I'm predicting 45+ TDs for Brady again. Palmer is going to be much better being able to have the playbook and an offseason before the games. If his WRs will stay healthy, he's a good backup. He might be someone to sell high on for an RB later if he performs like I hope.

RB - 4/10. Again, I'm biased by a lot. But I think Turner is getting old. You saw him in the last five weeks last year. I think his knees will be done by the end of the season again. Stewart will be solid if DeAngelo Williams gets hurt and he stays healthy, but with Tolbert in the mix, it might be like owning Torrain or Helu or Hightower last year. Owning Hightower might be like owning Hightower of course. If Mendenhall returns early, you might have hope, but Redman might replace him entirely. Vereen is up in the air. in my book this is pretty weak, but I'm also the guy who said Stafford and Cam Newton were unrealistic injury risks last year. I can always be dead wrong.

WR - 8.5/10. Not bad. Your two starters are going to be very good(especially of Skelton starts). Harvin is good when healthy. Meacham may do whatever. Not sure on him.

TE ?/10. I don't know. Cook is physically a freak, and I'm unsure about Britt, Nate Washington, and whichever of the two will be throwing him the ball. Same for the Tebow/Sanchez situation in NY. I'd see if I could swap Cook for Pettigrew (since he's a PPR beast) or Tamme. I wouldn't bank on it, but it would clear some stuff up, and you never know. Some people just like to make trades. If you're a big Cook fan, I can't blame you, but I just don't know what to say about either.

D 6/10. As a UCF student, I'm legally required to hate Poe. The Chiefs were 22nd last year in defense. If Berry and Poe make a decided improvement, then you're good. But remember that Poe didn't do jack against a middling C-USA. A first round D-lineman ought to tear C-USA apart. Who is available on the waiver wire?

K 9/10. A kicker is a kicker. And Henery is in what will hopefully be a prolific offense.

Overall - 7/10. a few nice waiver wire pickups ought to help a lot. And I've been wrong a lot in the past. But I think you ought to beat everyone on QB and WR points most every week. I'm just not sure how to suggest improving your RBs. I think you'll be just fine on the Defense and kicker dart boards. Waiver wire typically yields as much good as careful planning. I don't remember too many people being stoked about the Cincinnati or Houston defenses last year.

Good luck for your season, and I hope your RB situation works out.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings