First Pick in Keeper League HELP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby bearsfan012512 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:39 am

I am keeping Michael Vick and I have the first pick of the draft.

I have to decide whether I want Megatron (best player available) or a RB to fill what I think is a weaker position. I figure I could get better WR on the way back then I could a RB but I'm not sure. In depth answers with explanations would be greatly appreciated.

As far as RB goes
MJD worries me due to contract hold out
CJ2K worries me because of his terrible season last year
Forte worries me because of Michael Bush stealing touchdowns.

What should I do?

My lineup is 2QB 3RB 3WR 1TE 1K and 2 DEF.

From what I can tell these are the players that will be kept by other teams:
Arian Foster
Ray Rice
LeSean McCoy
Aaron Rodgers
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Matt Stafford
Jimmy Graham

Any advice as to who I should pick would be greatly appreciated.

Also we use a really strange scoring system with large bonuses in which QB's often end up more valuable than RB's

Passing Yards:1 point per 20 yards
Passing Touchdowns:6 points
Interceptions Thrown:-3 points
300-399 Passing Yards Bonus:8 points
400+ Passing Yards Bonus:4 points
40+ Passing Yard TD Bonus:5 points
50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus:3 points
Rushing Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Rushing Touchdowns:12 points
40+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:5 points
50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:5 points
100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus:9 points
200+ Rushing Yards Bonus:5 points
Receptions:1 point
Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Receiving Touchdowns:12 points
40+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:5 points
50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:5 points
100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus:9 points
200+ Receiving Yards Bonus:5 points
Fumbles Lost:-3 points
2-Point Conversions:3 points
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:52 pm

I'd be hard-pressed to pass on Megatron, depth of position or not, but if you really want an RB I think CJ2K is the way to go ;-D
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby Conrax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Since this is PPR go with Calvin Johnson, it would just mean your next pick would need to be RB.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=515145
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 169
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby Blackhawk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:41 pm

There doesn't seem to be as much depth at RB this year, so if someone doesn't keep one of the top 3 grab them. I agree there are questions with the next 3-5 RB's, so I'd lean towards Megatron. However, if you do that, I would grab RB's in rd 2 and 3.

Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=515146
Image
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1775
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby bearsfan012512 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Blackhawk wrote:There doesn't seem to be as much depth at RB this year, so if someone doesn't keep one of the top 3 grab them. I agree there are questions with the next 3-5 RB's, so I'd lean towards Megatron. However, if you do that, I would grab RB's in rd 2 and 3.

Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=515146


thanks i think i might end up doing that. I could grab two good (but not stud) RB and have a stud WR rather than risk a RB and have an okay WR core
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby spread eagles » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 pm

you have to start 3 rbs and the wr position is deep this year:

mjd or forte, maybe ryan matthews if your draft is 3 weeks away.

if you didnt have to start three rbs I would say stick with Calvin.

viewtopic.php?t=515101
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 465
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby bearsfan012512 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:53 pm

spread eagles wrote:you have to start 3 rbs and the wr position is deep this year:

mjd or forte, maybe ryan matthews if your draft is 3 weeks away.

if you didnt have to start three rbs I would say stick with Calvin.

viewtopic.php?t=515101


Draft is in a week so Matthews is a no-go. Why do you say MJD or Forte over CJ2K?
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby spread eagles » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm

bearsfan012512 wrote:
spread eagles wrote:you have to start 3 rbs and the wr position is deep this year:

mjd or forte, maybe ryan matthews if your draft is 3 weeks away.

if you didnt have to start three rbs I would say stick with Calvin.

viewtopic.php?t=515101


Draft is in a week so Matthews is a no-go. Why do you say MJD or Forte over CJ2K?


Agreed on the Matthews thing then. Forte scored 4 TDs last year and still put up very good numbers (1400 combined) w/ 52 receptions in just 12 games. I wouldn't worry about bush taking his goal line carries. Yes, he did get his contract so alot of people think he will not have anything to play for, but keep in mind the Bears could cut him risk free in 2 years and only pay him like 8Million over the two years....so I say he has something to play for still. The one thing that does scare me about Forte is the Bears finally have a WR in Marshall ...so I may rethink my previous stance if I was on the clock with the pick and go with MJD or CJ2k and hope it panes out.

I'm not worried about MJD's contract, it will get worked out. He is so much of what that team does, they NEED him or they will be just packing it in.

CJ2k: Offensive line is still not creating holes and I must say the 1st preseason game showed me the same 5 carries and 8 yards (seriously...first thought that came to my mind...here we go again)...if he can get to the second level he can flat out run.

They all have question marks no doubt, but for you to compete in a 3rb, I think you have to pick one of them. If you like CJ2k over the other two go with him....my ranking of them is really 4a.4b.4c (coin flip) after A. Foster, R. Rice, L. McCoy.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 465
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby bearsfan012512 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:13 pm

spread eagles wrote:
bearsfan012512 wrote:
spread eagles wrote:you have to start 3 rbs and the wr position is deep this year:

mjd or forte, maybe ryan matthews if your draft is 3 weeks away.

if you didnt have to start three rbs I would say stick with Calvin.

viewtopic.php?t=515101


Draft is in a week so Matthews is a no-go. Why do you say MJD or Forte over CJ2K?


Agreed on the Matthews thing then. Forte scored 4 TDs last year and still put up very good numbers (1400 combined) w/ 52 receptions in just 12 games. I wouldn't worry about bush taking his goal line carries. Yes, he did get his contract so alot of people think he will not have anything to play for, but keep in mind the Bears could cut him risk free in 2 years and only pay him like 8Million over the two years....so I say he has something to play for still. The one thing that does scare me about Forte is the Bears finally have a WR in Marshall ...so I may rethink my previous stance if I was on the clock with the pick and go with MJD or CJ2k and hope it panes out.

I'm not worried about MJD's contract, it will get worked out. He is so much of what that team does, they NEED him or they will be just packing it in.

CJ2k: Offensive line is still not creating holes and I must say the 1st preseason game showed me the same 5 carries and 8 yards (seriously...first thought that came to my mind...here we go again)...if he can get to the second level he can flat out run.

They all have question marks no doubt, but for you to compete in a 3rb, I think you have to pick one of them. If you like CJ2k over the other two go with him....my ranking of them is really 4a.4b.4c (coin flip) after A. Foster, R. Rice, L. McCoy.


However as a bears fan i am more tempted to go with Forte. MJD really worries me not because i don't think he will get a contract but because of what happened last time a star RB held out *cough*Chris Johnson*cough*. So i guess CJ2K doesn't really worry me as a person but his team worries me right now. They all have one thing that makes them risky but i really need a RB because they suck so badly this year. But this is also a PPR league so that helps the Forte case.
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Pick in Keeper League HELP

Postby dagnuk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:29 pm

I'd go with Forte.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
Posts: 578
Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:00 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact