2 QB League Draft Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

2 QB League Draft Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 QB League Draft Strategy

Postby Garlash » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello All,

I have been playing in a 2 QB League the past five years and am hoping to get a leg up on my league mates this year.
We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K. I have no idea what the draft order is - we do that right before the draft, but I am looking for any advice/strategy/experience that you think may help, drafting from early, late, or middle. I usually try to grab a top QB with my first pick, then a top RB, then a top WR, and then shoot for another QB and I have finished in 3rd, 1st, and 2nd with this strategy, but I think that things may need to change this year.

Thanks in advance.
Garlash
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 QB League Draft Strategy

Postby BurritoBoy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:16 pm

That is a very sound strategy. You say you've finished the top 3 for the past 3 years? I think that's as good as it gets.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm

This is one of the first years I have seen multiple qb's going in the first round and 2-3 more by the end of the second. So in a 2 QB league this is going to be worse. You almost have to get your #1 QB in the first and hope its one of the top 4-5. There just isnt enough QB's in that type of system so most will draft 3. Some teams wont even have a bye week qb given there are only 32 teams. You must put a higher priority on the QB's because of this ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Garlash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks, but what normally happens is that almost everyone grabs 2 QBs first, only about 4 out of the 10 mix it up a little. That is why I usually grab a RB and WR. Last year I had the second pick - my first four rounds were, Rodgers, McCoy, C. Johnson, Sanchez. This is my dilema - and yes it will matter where I draft - do I grab a QB, then RB, then QB, and wait WR because of the depth this year? Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Garlash
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I usually don't have a set order when going into draft, such as always going rb, rb, wr, qb, etc. I always see who will fall to me in each round, try not to get caught up in runs and taking a player too high. I think it all comes down to where your draft position is, do you get a top flight qb or a top flight rb? I always put my players in tiers, and if there are 3 qbs left that you like and you know that one of the three will be there, but there is a big drop off in wr's then I"m taking the wr and whoever is left at the qb's. Good luck to you.

viewtopic.php?t=515300
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 pm

If you can pick one of the top 5 Qbs, do so. Otherwise, pick an rb and one of the two TEs and then reach for Vick or Peyton and add a rivers or Rg3.
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions