KEEPER CLOSEOUT ***NEED THOUGHTS ASAP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

KEEPER CLOSEOUT ***NEED THOUGHTS ASAP

Moderator: Football Moderators

KEEPER CLOSEOUT ***NEED THOUGHTS ASAP

Postby yualreadyknow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Guys, this is the roster for the 12 team keeper so far.

Got 6 more rounds but the last 4 are most certainly going towards kickers and "D".

I got six or seven guys on the radar to use 3 MORE PICKS. IYO, how would you use the last three?

ROSTER

Matt Ryan
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Santana Moss
LeSean McCoy
Darren McFadden
Fred Davis
Owen Daniels
Steven Jackson
Christian Ponder
Isaac Redman
Jon Baldwin
Kevin Smith
Ben Roethlisberger
Terrell Owens
Mike Tolbert

HERE ARE THE GUYS I WAS MONITORING FOR THE LAST THREE PICKS FOR OFFENSE:
T.Y. Hilton, IND, WR
Joe Flacco, BAL, QB
Mario Manningham, SF, WR
Devery Henderson, NO, WR
Nate Burleson, DET, WR
Andre Roberts, ARZ, WR
Rob Housler, ARZ, TE
Plaxico Burress, FA, WR
Kellen Davis, TE, CHI
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: KEEPER CLOSEOUT ***NEED THOUGHTS ASAP

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:Guys, this is the roster for the 12 team keeper so far.

Got 6 more rounds but the last 4 are most certainly going towards kickers and "D".

I got six or seven guys on the radar to use 3 MORE PICKS. IYO, how would you use the last three?

ROSTER

Matt Ryan
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Santana Moss
LeSean McCoy
Darren McFadden
Fred Davis
Owen Daniels
Steven Jackson
Christian Ponder
Isaac Redman
Jon Baldwin
Kevin Smith
Ben Roethlisberger
Terrell Owens
Mike Tolbert

HERE ARE THE GUYS I WAS MONITORING FOR THE LAST THREE PICKS FOR OFFENSE:
T.Y. Hilton, IND, WR
Joe Flacco, BAL, QB
Mario Manningham, SF, WR
Devery Henderson, NO, WR
Nate Burleson, DET, WR
Andre Roberts, ARZ, WR
Rob Housler, ARZ, TE
Plaxico Burress, FA, WR
Kellen Davis, TE, CHI

Nate Burleson, DET, WR
Mario Manningham, SF, WR
Devery Henderson, NO, WR

These are the 3 I would target and the order I would target them. WR depth is your weak spot. Detroit isnt giving up on Burleson. He may not get 1000 but he is good for 700-800 and maybe 5 td's. Plenty to go around in Det. Manningham and Devery are close. Not sure if there is enough to go around in SF but in NO Deverey has always been 5th fiddle. (take a look at his numbers when Meachem was hurt) Actually very impressive so he might be considered above Manningham.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby yualreadyknow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Appreciate the quick reply.

One of the primary reasons I have so many rooks in there is because we are supposed to eventually move into a dynasty league but the emphasis is on winning right now and I like your suggestions of:
Nate Burleson, DET, WR
Mario Manningham, SF, WR
Devery Henderson, NO, WR

Now that Meacham is gone, it's a safe bet Devery runs opposite of Colston. One could only hope he can run the correct routes all year long. SMH. I'm still going to go after him anyways. The TE's in the mix were precautions against a possible injury by Owen Daniels. But good stuff, man. Thank you. I have a limited amount of time to consider this, basically a few days tops.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:21 pm

The fact that you are going to a dynasty changes my thinking here.

In 2012 I like Devery Henderson better, but longterm I think Manningham is better for a dynasty league. Burleson has not only Titus Young but now 2nd rounder Ryan Browles (sp?) to compete with, his upside is capped barring a Megatron madden curse injury.

I think I go Manningham, Devery (because Meachem's gone, he has a good situation atleast) and lastly Burleson because in 2012 he could still be solid depth.

Since I assume one of those guys gets picked, I will throw out Rob Housler's name too. He has great upside once he gets some experience and they get a QB who can do something there.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby yualreadyknow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Jason497 wrote:The fact that you are going to a dynasty changes my thinking here.

In 2012 I like Devery Henderson better, but longterm I think Manningham is better for a dynasty league. Burleson has not only Titus Young but now 2nd rounder Ryan Browles (sp?) to compete with, his upside is capped barring a Megatron madden curse injury.

I think I go Manningham, Devery (because Meachem's gone, he has a good situation atleast) and lastly Burleson because in 2012 he could still be solid depth.

Since I assume one of those guys gets picked, I will throw out Rob Housler's name too. He has great upside once he gets some experience and they get a QB who can do something there.

Yeah, that's the plan but the exact timeframe for the transition is sketchy. I am not confident it is in 2012 but I wanted to ensure I had some good rookies with upside. SPOILER ALERT! Burleson just got taken ahead of me. There are 10 picks ahead of me before I go again in the 6th round, I am fully prepared to be disappointed but that was not one of those times. Burleson has let me down a truckload of times. I am almost confident no one is thinking about Davis and CHI are creating schemes to include the TE more so this guy should get some action esp if B-Marsh gets doubled. I'll keep you updated!
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 pm

At this point , we can scratch every option for the last picks previously stated. Most, if not all, have been taken or disregarded by me for various reasons....

My current roster (sans the last offensive picks and omitting what 2 DEF's and 2 K's I grab late) are:

Matt Ryan
(Atl - QB) *****Soon to be replaced by Tony Romo
Vincent Jackson
(TB - WR)
Steve Smith
(Car - WR)
David Nelson
(Buf - WR)
LeSean McCoy
(Phi - RB)
Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)
Fred Davis
(Was - TE)
Owen Daniels
(Hou - TE)
Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)
Santana Moss
(Was - WR)
Christian Ponder
(Min - QB)
Isaac Redman
(Pit - RB)
Jon Baldwin
(KC - WR)
Kevin Smith
(Det - RB)
Ben Roethlisberger
(Pit - QB)
Terrell Owens
(Sea - WR)
Mike Tolbert
(Car - RB)
Scott Chandler
(Buf - TE)

I have one last offensive pick and have on intentions of bringing in another TE. I thought QB with Russell Wilson as a bye week filler but that's a reach. I can't keep him (12 keepers in 2013) because he wouldn't make the cut probably but thinking about using for trade bait. If not a QB, then maybe Devery Henderson at WR. Honestly, I'm trying to avoid grabbing another RB but Brandon Jacobs and Mike Goodson.

Here is the best of whose available for my last "O" pick. Think hard before answering. LOL

Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, Russell Wilson, John Skelton, Alex Smith
Devery Henderson, Joe Adams, Deion Branch, Golden Tate, Jabar Gaffney, Donald Driver, Plaxico Burress
Shane Vereen, Mike Goodson, Jon Dwyer, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, Taiwan Jones
Ed Dickson, Joel Dreessen, Kellen Winslow, Todd Heap, Tony Scheffler

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Kendall Hunter is available that late? And you say it's 12 keepers and eventually converting to Dynasty?

That's a name you didn't mention before, I scoop him up. If not, I still go with Henderson, although Mike Goodson would make a good DMC handcuff, I'd actually prefer him over Tolbert since you own DMC. Wouldn't worry about taking a QB, you already got 2 really good ones and Ponder who has upside.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:11 pm

I have to grab 2 K's and 2 DEFs. That leaves one pick left. Who is it going to be again?
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I got one pick left. Who gets it?
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

I say Kendall Hunter. Talent trumps all, it is a flier afterall. Jacobs is only signed 1 year and I think eventually Gore is gone and it's Hunter's job. Worst case he is in a timeshare with Lamichael and still carves out a RB3 value in fantasy. I think he'll have more trade value down the road than any of those QBs but you might find yourself wanting to hold on to him instead, he's just scratching the surface.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions