Rate my first draft (Whir)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:45 pm

12 team yahoo ppr 7th pick
All TD's 6 pts
1pt per reception
1pt 40 yd reception
3pt 40 yd td reception

QB Vick 5th

RB Chris Johnson 1st, Marshawn Lynch 2nd, Isaac Redman 7th, Stevan Ridley 8th, Cedric Benson 15th

WR Julio Jones 3rd, Marques Colston 4th, Brandon Lloyd 6th, Torrey Smith 9th, Randy Moss 10th, Brandon LaFell 13th, Eddie Royal 14th

TE Owen Daniels 11th
DEF Detroit 12th
K Matt Bryant 16th

Just couldn't pass up Vick in the 5th. I'm weak at TE and well it was one of those things. Both Davis' went in the 6th right before me and really couldn't believe Fred did. Tamme went in the 7th right before me and then so did Cook/Pettigrew in the later rounds. Sad face, but I guess Daniels could surprise. I'll probably look for a trade though. Overall I feel I'm in the hunt.

Leave a link
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my first draft (Whir)

Postby redbeard86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 pm

i do like vick in the 5th, however you should have drafted a good backup. there is a huge risk/reward for vick because of injury.

not a huge fan of your RBs but then again drafting RBs this year is kind of hard. then again i was never a marshawn lynch fan. i do like redman in the 7th.

i like your receivers but i'm just going to be picky here. colston does not have really good fantasy point consistency because drew brees throws the ball everywhere. randy moss has the tendency to be a bust but i like that you grabbed lafell as a late lottery pick.

you already pointed out the weakness at TE so i won't drag it out. if keller was still out on the waiver i would keep an eye out.

D/ST and kicker pretty good.
redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby redbeard86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 pm

redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:21 pm

I agree with Colston, but the 3 wr's after him have those same questions outside maybe Harvin. It was Dez, Colston, Harvin, or Maclin. I seem to own Colston every year, so I know the problems. I'm just hoping year 3 will finally produce consistently.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings