Should I be worried with my RB2 spot? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I be worried with my RB2 spot?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I be worried with my RB2 spot?

Postby Jdeeds » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 am

I just got done with my draft and things didn't quite go the way I was hoping. I got Ray Rice with my first round pick and was planning on getting a RB in the second round but there was a huge run on RB's (Foster, Rice, McCoy, MJD, CJ, Forte, DMC, AP, Charles) were all taken which were all the guys I was targeting. I didn't feel safe taking Murray or Lynch with my second pick and Fitz was still there so I took him instead. I ended up having to settle with Fred Jackson, Willis McGahee, and Doug Martin as my options as my RB2. I don't really feel good about any of these guys, but I was just wondering if people felt the same way? Should I do something about my RB situation or do you think my team looks fine at the moment? Thanks for the help. It's a 10 team non-ppr and we start 2 RB's and 3 WR's. My team currently is:

QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Rice, F. Jackson, McGahee, D. Martin, Ingram
WR: Fitz, Julio Jones, D. Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Randy Moss, Titus Young
TE: Pettigrew, Tamme
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I be worried with my RB2 spot?

Postby LMack » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 am

I wouldn't be worried.

Fred Jackson is a lower end RB2 but should be solid. You also have Doug Martin behind him who could emerge and become a weekly starter. McGahee might see less touches overall this year but could retain his fantasy value just by nature of the improved offense and additional TD opportunities. Even if this league had a FLEX, I still believe you are alright at the position.

One option I would consider exploring is a trade for CJ Spiller who would be valuable to roster in the event that Jackson reinjures himself.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Should I be worried with my RB2 spot?

Postby sabomnim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 am

i agree with above
i think youll be fine
you have plenty of potential at RB2 between martin and jackson
id drop freeman and pick up CJ
if fred jackson picks up where he left last year you have an amazing RB situation (he was leading in yards i think, and like top 5 before he got hurt)
and if he goes down CJ will be the starter with little else behind him
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions