DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Postby Jdeeds » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:39 am

I was just offered Nicks for Desean Jackson and Doug Martin...should I do this trade? It's a non-ppr league and we start 2 RB's and 3 WR's...is Martin worth giving up since I don't have a clear RB2 right now? I would have an absolutely stacked WR corps if I did this but would I be cutting myself too thin with having to rely on F. Jackson or McGahee as my starting options at RB? My current team is:

QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Rice, F. Jackson, McGahee, D. Martin, Ingram
WR: Fitz, Julio Jones, Djax, Malcolm Floyd, Randy Moss, Titus Young
TE: Pettigrew, Tamme
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 am

eh... Usually the team getting the 1 in a 2 for 1 is the winner, but I think I would hold off on this one for now. If you see over the first 6 or 7 weeks or so that you get enough production at RB, then go for it. But I think I prefer more balance at the beginning of the season. (and I'm aboard the Doug Martin bandwagon, although he is not as valuable in a non-ppr as a ppr)
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby LMack » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 am

The value is there, but I don't think this is a deal you need to make.

A lot of this depends on the nature of your league, as well. If you do this deal, how confident are you that you could flip Fitz, Julio, or Nicks into a solid RB2? Is there a team that is stacked at RB and needs WR help? I could see a deal with one of those receivers plus McGahee netting a solid RB and a WR3. Does your league like to trade?

If you do this deal, I think you should do another one. Whether or not you do this trade depends on your ability to do a second trade.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Jdeeds » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I could flip Fitz, Julio, or Nicks in a deal and get a good RB2. I told the owner I wasn't interested before and he offered to throw in David Wilson, so it would be Nicks and Wilson for Martin and Desean...what do you think? It's just hard for me to predict how Martin and Desean will pan out this year, they both have a lot of potential but could also disappoint...
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shmity72 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:23 pm

no desean will have an up year and you don't know whay you have in doug yet..
QB: Russell Wilson, sam bradford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Demarco Murray, jacquizz Rodgers, mcgahee
WR: Torrey Smith, Chris Givens, DeAndre Hopkins, Anquan Boldin,
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: Patriots
K:Dan Bailey cowboys

championship here I come.
shmity72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 52)

Postby Jdeeds » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 pm

He now wants to trade me Michael Turner and Nicks for Fred Jackson, Martin, and Desean...what do you think? Would Turner be a better RB2 than Fjax?
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dagnuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:28 pm

No. The trade has only gotten worse. You're now giving up the best RB in the trade in Fred Jackson, and 2 startable players for a good WR and a declining RB in Turner. I like Nicks, but these trades are just too costly for you. Especially the second offer where you part with Fred Jackson. You are better off keeping Jackson, Desean and Martin.

As far as your original post goes, Fred Jackson is a clear Number 2 running back. He is better than anything you've mentioned in the trades, and he's a great option to have paired with Rice. Martin is a great RB3/flex player, with potential to be highly valuable by week-5 and beyond. None of these offers have been anywhere near good for you. And if Martin plays well during the first 4-5 weeks, then he becomes someone you can sell to the highest bidder, for more than just Nicks.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby WHIR 100% » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:50 pm

no trade, keep what you have for now
WHIR 100%
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jdeeds » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 pm

He now threw one last offer at me. I just traded the Sproles owner Ingram and got Blount which helps both of us out. He now wants Blount and Martin with Desean for Nicks, Hillis, and David Wilson. It would be pretty nice starting Fitz, Nicks, and Julio...but I would be strong enough at RB with Rice, Fjax, Mcgahee, Hillis, and Wilson? We can only start 2 RB, and I could always try and flip Hillis for Spiller to handcuff with Fjax...what do you guys think? Pull the trigger or call this trade off?
Jdeeds
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby spread eagles » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Can you reach out to the Spiller owner to see if he is interested in Hillis?
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions