DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Postby babiiverson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 am

Jdeeds wrote:I was just offered Nicks for Desean Jackson and Doug Martin...should I do this trade? It's a non-ppr league and we start 2 RB's and 3 WR's...is Martin worth giving up since I don't have a clear RB2 right now? I would have an absolutely stacked WR corps if I did this but would I be cutting myself too thin with having to rely on F. Jackson or McGahee as my starting options at RB? My current team is:

QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Rice, F. Jackson, McGahee, D. Martin, Ingram
WR: Fitz, Julio Jones, Djax, Malcolm Floyd, Randy Moss, Titus Young
TE: Pettigrew, Tamme

I actually really like the first trade for you. Nicks should be healthy by the start of the season and you potentially have 3 WR1s with upside players like Titus Young. If Skelton wins the QB battle, your WR core will be nasty with him, Julio breaking out, and Nicks.

I think if FJax can't play like last season, either McGahee or Ingram can emerge as a serviceable RB2, Ingram will get a lot of short yardage TDs while McGahee will face much less stacked boxes with Peyton instead of Tebow
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DeSean and D. Martin for Nicks?

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 am

I think I'd take the original deal too. Desean is a gamble, and while there is clear upside, you don't really know what you're getting with Martin. Nicks is a stud. I'd make the move.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=515357
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions