Keeper help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper help!

Postby ltj7708 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:02 pm

So my league is a ppr league, and these are the starting positions:

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, W/R/T, K, DEF

I need to pick three keepers, and all three can't be from the same position. I will list my best options, and then mention what I think I should do, but I would love some feedback:

MJD, Chris Johnson, Brandon Marshall, DeMarco Murray, Andre Johnson, Fred Jackson, Peyton Manning, Finley...

Originally I thought I should keep MJD and the two Johnsons. But I am concerned about MJD holding out. It had an impact on CJ2K last year. I would probably keep Murray if I do not keep MJD. I just want to know what some opinions are. I also am considering B Marsh instead of Andre Johnson.

Any thoughts?
ltj7708
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper help!

Postby l1sten » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

This is legitimately a tough call in my opinion. I am also worried about MJD and I don't envision him being the same player this year. It might not be popular, but I think I actually would end up going CJ and Murray for the RB's. Depending on when you need to declare by, I would keep watching MJD but if major improvements don't happen before the deadline, I'd go Murray.

Regarding the WR keeper: Andre Johnson, no question in my mind. He had some tough breaks last year, but he's Andre Johnson, and you need to keep him.
l1sten
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby redbeard86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm

I actually would rather keep brandon marshall over andre johnson. andre johnson has missed 12 games in the past 2 seasons. also never had double digit touchdowns in a season. brandon marshall will be reunited with jay cutler with the bears.
redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

This is a tough one. Hopefully, you have some time to get a better read on the MJD holdout situation. IMO, Jax has to get him on the field, though. So, with that thought I would go MJD and CJ at RB. I still like Andre over Marshall.

Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=515146
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Want nothing to do with the holdout, gimme CJ1K, Murray, and Andre Johnson.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I say CJ2K and Murray at the RB. But if between now and when these are due, MJD reports and isn't having any of those classic holdout struggles, I go with him over Murray.

For the last spot, I go with Andre over Marshall if you think Andre will play all 16 games. Yeah he's never had 10 TDs in a season, but he has had 8-9 4 times in the last 5 years. Marshall has only hit 10 once, his last year in Denver. Both are very close. I wouldn't fault you either way. If the injury bug is a concern for you with Andre, a very legitimate concern, then I would go with the younger, generally healthier Marshall.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions