Dynasty: Roddy for DJax/Jacquizz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty: Roddy for DJax/Jacquizz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty: Roddy for DJax/Jacquizz

Postby snixx79 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Standard Format, 12 team H2H non PPR....

I have a couple competitive years left out of guys like White/Brady/Colston, but I'm always trying to get younger. Does this deal work in my favour? I think Im higher than most on Quizz, but i like what i see so far. Turner is on his last legs....Quizz reminds me of MJD/Rice when they entered the league. Im not sayin he gets to that level, but in that new vertical offense he is going to be a great fit.

I give Roddy
I get DJax/Quizz Rodgers

My Roster:
Brady/Freeman
McCoy/Murray/Law Firm/Hunter
White/J.Nelson/Colston/S.Moss/J.Simpson
Hernandez/Gresham

Thoughts?

Thanks! WHIR if you leave a link....
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty: Roddy for DJax/Jacquizz

Postby dagnuk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:24 pm

I'd hold onto Roddy White.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm

I do not like the trade for you. I would hold onto White since I do not think you will get good value in a trade. He is a good piece to have for a contending team and that is what you have.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm gonna go the other way here...

If you believe in Quizz, which it sounds like you do, I think you can take that trade as you don't lose all that much in WR and get Quizz on top. Desean has his contract situation worked out now and while Maclin is still the #1 WR there I can still see 1000/6 from Desean. Roddy will come down some from his typical numbers as he's not the go to WR anymore and getting older so I have him around 1100/7.

It makes all the difference in the world that your not in a ppr league because that's a 50 point jump probably between them, but without that in place they are almost identical. Desean is typically good for those types of numbers anyway, and I don't see Roddy improving on his season last year. That's not that huge of a gap to take, considering that you've also got younger there for a guy who could be a key piece for you at RB.

The question you need to ask yourself is if Quizz flames out as nothing more then a 3rd down back who is never fantasy relevant, would you be ok with the deal? If you could then I'd do it, maybe because I don't mind taking risk either myself. But if you'd beat yourself up over losing Roddy for Desean I wouldn't do it. In a non ppr gap the numbers between the two isn't that wide and when you factor in the age it's rather close, if your confident in Quizz like that I'd do it but IMO I'd ask for a 2nd rounder in return. He is getting the best player in the deal after all. Can't hurt.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 pm

I don't like the trade. Roddy still has a few very good years left, and I don't like DJax. If there were a more consistent WR just as young instead of DJ I would probably like it more. Agree totally on the Turner point, and if the Falcons are sold on JR, he could be a great guy to have. Who are some of his other players that you could substitute for DJ? I also like the suggestion of getting a slight bump with a draft pick, that also can help you get younger. You can try to sell the guy that with Julio's emergence, that will distract more coverage away from White, giving White more space to work with.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions