Deleted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Deleted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I Have 4 1st Round Picks! What Do I Do? Massive Help Nee

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 am

Jennings, Jacquizz Rodgers, Greg Little out of those. Mike Williams is due for a big year outta T. Bay I don't really consider him a sleeper per say.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yualreadyknow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

METS 24 wrote:Here's the facts:

-I know very little about fantasy football & I'm in a deep 14 team H2H non-keeper league.
-We start 9 with 5 bench & the starting 9 positions are QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/DST/K with a RB/WR/TE Flex.
-People trade draft picks like crazy in this league & I was able to get 4 first round picks.
-I have 4 of the top 13 overall picks in the draft (10, 11, 12, 13)
-The bad news is that I pretty much have to nail all 4 picks since I don't draft my 5th pick until round 11!
-I was thinking that I would draft a combo of QB, RB, RB, RB (Flex) & then push my luck on the waiver wire for WR/TE/DST/K.

What do you guys think I should do from here? Any & all suggestions welcome.....

You appear to be a Mets fan so you're cool with me by default....A 14 team league is deep. Your situation is peculiar but with the first 4 picks, I would grab a stud QB (Rodgers, Brees, or Brady), do the same with a top flight RB (Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster), get a TE like Graham and Gronk that will give you production just like a receiver then try to grab a WR with your last pick. Because this is a 14 team league, you will probably be somewhere in the #2 or 3 tier of wideouts like Miles Austin, Marques Colston, Dwayne Bowe, and Steve Johnson. The first 4 picks are guaranteed to be your "founding fathers". Get the best producers you can up front and you can work on sleepers or underrated/undervalued guys with the rest of your picks. Hope that helps.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Here's some ADP numbers to give you some kind of idea who might be around for your early picks as well as your late picks:
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/overall.php
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby yualreadyknow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Get out of that league while you can, brother. I don't like it. You can find some better set-ups here at the Cafe, I'm sure.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions