Safest RB after top 3? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Safest RB after top 3?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Safest RB after top 3?

Postby bearsfan012512 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 pm

dagnuk wrote:No, you won't get laughed out of the draft room for taking Forte before Chris Johnson. However, I'd still take Johnson over Forte. Michael Bush will impact Forte's numbers more than Javon Ringer will impact Johnson's.

They have the same floor, but Johnson's ceiling is higher than Forte's. If I had to pick between the two, I'd say that Johnson is more likely to be have a 2,000 yard total type of season. I don't expect him to, but the potential is there.

Thank you. That helped a lot. I think Chris Johnson sounds like the guy I need.
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 pm

dagnuk wrote:No, you won't get laughed out of the draft room for taking Forte before Chris Johnson. However, I'd still take Johnson over Forte. Michael Bush will impact Forte's numbers more than Javon Ringer will impact Johnson's.

They have the same floor, but Johnson's ceiling is higher than Forte's. If I had to pick between the two, I'd say that Johnson is more likely to be have a 2,000 yard total type of season. I don't expect him to, but the potential is there.

Agree. Forte is the safest after CJ. Johnson will rebound to his old self. Forte isn't losing the redzone touches that he wasn't getting in the first place.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dagnuk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

The other side of the coin is to remember that it's your team. If you really want Forte, then take him. Depending on your draft position, you'll most likely not have another shot at him. I'm just telling you what I think. I can't see the future, so do what you think you will be happy with.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby angels7777 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

right this moment CJ is safer

viewtopic.php?t=515271&view=viewpoll
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jason497 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:22 am

BurritoBoy wrote:

Agree. Forte is the safest after CJ. Johnson will rebound to his old self. Forte isn't losing the redzone touches that he wasn't getting in the first place.

Exactly. People forget, last year while Forte was going off for a top 5 season Marion Barber was getting 9-10 touches a game and all the goalline touchdowns. Barber had 3.7 yards a carry last year, Michael Bush had 3.8 yards a carry last year. I think the addition of Michael Bush is being incredibly overblown. If Forte fails to live up to expections, I don't think it will be because of his spell-beck.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions