Washed up has beens playing on their names. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Washed up has beens playing on their names.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Washed up has beens playing on their names.

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:39 am

Since season is nearing completion I wanted to get some thoughts from everyone on who they think are still playing on their name when maybe they have no right being in the game. And there could be some stallion sitting on the bench behind them. But the coach/public are still to blind to see that the dudes career is over. :) hehe.. One comes to mind for me the most.

Farve. Sorry. it's true. he suxx! has sucked. Poor packer fans still living in 96 or whatever year it was. Just like the bear fans in the early 90's still living in 86 hehehehe

Eddie George comes to mind as well. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:43 am

i hate Favre but i wouldnt say he sucks, he can no longer carry a team but he is still a leader. nothing compared to what he used to be but to say he sucks is kinda harsh IMO. names that come to mind for me: Bruce Smith, Emmitt Smith, Eddie Goerge, Jerry Rice are all guys that get to much game time IMO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:49 am

no no no .. I wasn't trying to be cruel.. just pointing a fact. I just want to hear some people's names like what I said.... :)

But you agree with what im saying. He's still playing on his name isn't he? :)

I mean for pete's sake. He's avging now 2 picks a game to 1.5 TD's. Get him out of there! :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:53 am

I would put Tim Brown on that list before I would put Jerry Rice.

Farve should not be on that list, give him a few years and he'll get there
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:09 am

Maybe it's because I live in the midwest and all I see are Packers n Bears games. I see Farve every weekend with all the Packer fans around. So I pick him apart. :)

Guess I don't understand what the team is thinking when his thumb is broken, he loses 2 pass's when his arms going back, and has 3 picks on top of it in the game, and they still keep him in the game. As if he's going to lead them back to a last drive charge victory like he used to.

It's just not happening anymore.

I see it because I've seen it with my team this year. The lowly chargers. Schottenheimer waiting till the season is totally lost to finally put Flutie in, when Bree's is just NOT performing well enough to win games in the least. It's like Bree's was such a stallion in college that the bolts are thinking.. "he's got to be great in the NFL too".
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am

i see what you are saying and im split on it. he tries to still be a superstar and that is why he throws the picks, he still tires to thread a bullet between 3 DB's but the fact is its more of a toss and it misses the target. He is no longer a star and that is why Green Bay is 6-6 with a great Rush attack and a very serviceable D. Favre is no stud but he can be a leader and he still has some great games. He is still better than many starting QB's in this league but he is still mighty close to that list. and yeah Tim Brown should also be on that list.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:37 am

As far as getting paid for name only,Emmitt the clown Smith has to take the cake, far and away the biggest fraud in the league. I still can't believe how stupid the Cards are.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:43 am

Oh big time I agree on that one. I hope no Cowboy fans read this.. but I've always thought Emmit wouldn't a had a single record if he would have had Sanders front line blocking for him in the mid 90's. Emmit the clown has about 1/3 the running ability that sanders had.

Anyone can run through barn doors, and thats what smith had for about 5 years on the cowboys offensive line. Shit I coulda ran for 1000 yards with the blocking he had. Emmit got way to much credit for mediocre skills (at the NFL level that is)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:44 am

moochman wrote:As far as getting paid for name only,Emmitt the clown Smith has to take the cake, far and away the biggest fraud in the league. I still can't believe how stupid the Cards are.

Emmitt most definitely takes the cake . He has no value whatsoever as an NFL player . Any playing time he gets the rest of his career might as well be given to some guy pulled off the street . Their numbers would be similar .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:00 pm

Bruce Smith
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next