3rd pick 12 team. I'm thinking 2 things. what say you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

3rd pick 12 team. I'm thinking 2 things. what say you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

3rd pick 12 team. I'm thinking 2 things. what say you?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 pm

my draft isn't for another 2 weeks but I found out today that I will have the 3rd pick in my 12 team non ppr league (standard espn scoring).

the first thing that popped in my mind is at least I get to lock up one of the 3 best rbs (Foster, Rice, McCoy), but now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and pull the trigger on Rodgers at pick 3 if he's available. That's a big if in my league however, considering the person with the #1 pick had Rodgers last year and he led him to a 2nd place finish in our league.

I've personally always been in the camp of drafting qbs later in the draft, and it's worked for me quite well in the past. However, the last 2 years i've gotten away from this strategy and it has come back to bite me and I've missed the playoffs. I've never taken a qb 1st rd in any of the 12 years i've done fantasy football, but I feel like Rodgers is one of the rare guys that can win you a game any given week by himself...

Like I said, this may not even be an issue because there's a very good chance he will end up going #1 overall but what would you guys do? My gut tells me to go Rice/McCoy and stick to my old ways of waiting on a qb while the others panic in the first 3 rds for one, but I also feel like I may regret not taking Rodgers at 3 if he's available. I know pick #2 won't take him because he's already come out and said he's taking Foster or Rice depending on who goes #1. What do you guys think
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd pick 12 team. I'm thinking 2 things. what say you?

Postby kmoneybags » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I literally have the same exact situation as you. I've decided that if Rodgers is there at 3, I'm taking him. The consistency that Rodgers brings is unmatched by any other player (in my opinion anyway). If he's taken before 3, I'm going Rice who I assume will not be taken 1st overall.I'll go RB in round 2 or 3- probably 3rd since I would love to nab Julio Jones 22nd overall. However, I would have a tough time passing on Jordy Nelson in the 3rd to pair with Rodgers. I know flies in the face of fantasy common sense (QB-WR-WR) but I really don't care. It'll make me happy. Hope this helps.
kmoneybags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TexasMade8810 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Looking at the pros and cons, I think it's obvious that any rb would be more of an injury risk than Rodgers, but I'm also trying to figure out what rb's would fall to me in the 2nd and 3rd rd (if I take Rodgers I'm definitely going rbs in the next two rds.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm taking the RB everytime at 3. All about how scary RB is after McCoy
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions