Overpay For Peyton Manning? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Overpay For Peyton Manning?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Overpay For Peyton Manning?

Postby pmstick » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 pm

I won the whole thing last year riding Drew Brees to the finish. The only other time I won was with The Peyton Manning of Old with Indy 3 yrs ago. QBs prove to be huge in our 3-player-PPR-keeper.

I'm out of the running for a Tier 1 QB but if he's healthy and the Peyton Manning of old he could put up comparable numbers to these guys making him a risk with huge upside. In our league where we keep 3 going out on a limb for him at the turn of round 1/2 may sound crazy but with the amount of guys kept already I may just go for it. I draft 12/13th at the turn.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Overpay For Peyton Manning?

Postby Jason497 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 pm

I think Peyton Manning is a huge value late. Here's why.

I think the humongous passing numbers last year were a direct result of the lockout and defenses and secondaries not being on the same page for the early part of the season. The numbers started to come back down to Earth by midseason and beyond.

You have to think if Peyton Manning was healthy and playing, he would have saw a rise from his normal 4500-4700 yards, he would have probably joined the 5000 yard passing club too.

You are getting a guy who probably would've put up Stafford numbers in 11, with more risk but less investment in the 5th or 6th round as opposed to using a 2nd or early 3rd.

Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan are my favorite mid QB1s after Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Cam, and Vick.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmstick » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I have a better chance of getting Ryan next time around at 36 if I draft RB/RB or RB/WR with my 12/13

Jason497 wrote:I think Peyton Manning is a huge value late. Here's why.

I think the humongous passing numbers last year were a direct result of the lockout and defenses and secondaries not being on the same page for the early part of the season. The numbers started to come back down to Earth by midseason and beyond.

You have to think if Peyton Manning was healthy and playing, he would have saw a rise from his normal 4500-4700 yards, he would have probably joined the 5000 yard passing club too.

You are getting a guy who probably would've put up Stafford numbers in 11, with more risk but less investment in the 5th or 6th round as opposed to using a 2nd or early 3rd.

Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan are my favorite mid QB1s after Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Cam, and Vick.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PackFan23 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Look for Schaub in round 6 or 7. I got schuab in Round 7. Consistent 20+TD 4k+ passing yards.
PackFan23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions