Is McCoy worth it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is McCoy worth it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is McCoy worth it?

Postby allegajj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Alright I have been exploring this question for awhile now but I am in a 10 team PPR keeper league (2 keepers that take your 1st and 2nd round). I am debating between Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte, Roddy White, Jimmy Graham and Matthew Stafford. I have the 9th pick and there is a team with LeSean McCoy who is trying to acquire more picks. Not sure why, because he only has McCoy, Gore, and Jennings so he would be smart to keep McCoy out of everyone. But he is offering me McCoy for my 3rd and 4th round pick (29th and 32nd overall picks). He also has been offered 3rd round and 7th round for McCoy (23rd and 63rd overall). The team that offered him that trade has Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, and Larry Fitz. He is trying to pair Rice and McCoy which could be big. Should I make this trade or propose something else? Should I move on and just keep Calving and Forte or another player? Should I try to trade some of my other players for picks (do you think I can get anyone to want to keep them)?
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is McCoy worth it?

Postby dagnuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

No. This trade is just not in your best interests. Here's why: sacrificing your team to have McCoy as a keeper and lose one of your keepers AND your 2 highest picks just to play keep-away from another owner does NOT help you build your best possible team. You would be making a move out of fear/spite, and that's a sure-fire way to threaten your team's viability before the draft even begins. So, if it's really that important, then see if he will accept a lesser trade. If he doesn't like this and trades to the other owner, so be it. The important thing to remember is to build the best team you can.

Keep Calvin and Forte.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Re: Is McCoy worth it?

Postby allegajj » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I am torn between offering this guy the 3rd and 5th round pick to get McCoy and keep him. Then I can try to get Forte with the 2nd pick of the 4th round which is people keep 2 players then there is a good chance he might still be there. What do you think? I really want to try and get Megatron, McCoy, and Forte on 1 team
allegajj
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions