Keep 2, pick 5, need help, WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep 2, pick 5, need help, WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep 2, pick 5, need help, WHIR!!

Postby cope09 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

Need to keep 2 players, 5th pick in snake-draft. Standard ESPN scoring (6pt/TD, 1pt/10yds rec/rush, 1pt/25 pass, +5/100yd rush/300yd pass, non PPR)
Those even worth considering are:
Cam Newton, QB Car
Willis McGahee, RB Den
Rashard Mendenhall, RB Pit
Jordy Nelson, WR GB
Greg Jennings, WR GB
Brandon Loyd, WR NE
Brandon Marshall, WR Chi

My first inclination is to get the stud QB and keep Nelson or Jennings. But, McGahee is an attactive pick with the changes being made in Denver - however, Moreno is back so, that could easily turn into a RBBC. By the time the draft rolls to me at pick 5, not only will the top 5-10 RBs be kept, anything left will be taken. Not crazy about keeping a QB. So, I'm thinking of keeping Jennings and McGahee and hoping by the time pick 5 rolls around, I will have another top 5 receiver or another decent RB to pick.
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep 2, pick 5, need help, WHIR!!

Postby l1sten » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks for the help with mine. This is tough because with so many RB's being kept it's hard to visualize what will really be available. I still think given the options here your best option is to keep Cam and Jennings. Personally, I'm not wild about McGahee being a great back this year with Peyton throwing. I know McGahee still has some left in the tank but I really think it will end up being a full blown RBBC and even the value of that committee will be somewhat low. I think by keeping Cam and Jennings, you've gotten your QB out of the way and your WR1, and you can look toward taking the best available at pick 5. If you end up with a decent RB that falls to you, you're in terrific shape. If you need to go with another stud WR, you've solidified the hell out of that, and you can spend the rest of the draft getting a stable of RB's with potential. Martin comes to mind, maybe BJGE, hell, you could even probably get McGahee back on your team for a decent value. On the other hand, I don't think you'd be able to get Cam back. I say roll the dice on your RB's and see what you can grab in rounds 2-4 if one doesn't fall to you at pick 5.
l1sten
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fernkes2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

Great input above
Go Jennings and Cam
QB- Cam Newton
WR- R Wayne, R. White
RB- M Lynch, Forte, R. Bush
TE- K Rudolph
K- S. Jankowski
DEF- Baltimore
fernkes2
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby btsoumas » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:33 am

Definitely Cam Newton. As a Packers fan I think Jordy could have better numbers than Jennings this year but I would still go with Jennings as I see him as the safer pick.
btsoumas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby nightfox422 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

I would keep cam and Jennings.

That is assuming you dont lose specific draft spots for each player, if thats the case, round value plays a part, but aside from that, cam and jennings for sure.

check mine?
viewtopic.php?t=515381
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:21 am

Cam and Nelson for me. Jennings concussion issue is enough for me to take Nelson until we know more
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions