Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr WHIR!!

Postby t_sweet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:52 am

I do not like this 10 pick! It is on Yahoo and I am playing with some less than stellar players, so i expect some of them to use the yahoo rankings as gospel. So that is factoring into my strategy a bit.

In mocks I am generally ending up with a choice of Forte, DMC, and CJ2K at 10. Which do you guys like most?

In addition i am trying to decide if I want Welker in the 2nd, or a 2nd RB. Fred jackson and Steven jackson have been tending to make it to my 3rd amd 4th.

Would rather a draft of:

DMC, Forte, Wallace(or the like), F-Jax

or

Forte, Welker, F-Jax, S-Jax

Leave a link and I will try to help. Thanks!
Last edited by t_sweet on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB- Vick
RBs- Forte, Sproles, Martin, K Smith, Ronnie Brown
WRs- Welker, D-Jax, Britt, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, LaFell
TE- Gonzo
K- Jason Hanson
Def- Buf D
t_sweet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 am

I would rank those back Chris Johnson, Forte, then DMC. I think the second round is to early for Welker. There is a lot of competition for targets in NE. I would rather grab a top 5 QB.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Re: Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr WHIR!!

Postby t_sweet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank you for your opinion. I am a QB late sort of guy, so if I am not taking Welker at the top of the 2nd, I would more than likely go RB again.

I am seeing Forte pretty consistently in that 2nd round spot. So I am going to be going CJ2K or DMC, then Forte if you think Forte > Welker. That would leave me at WR/RB at the 3rd/4th spots.

Any other opinions? I would love to hear them!
QB- Vick
RBs- Forte, Sproles, Martin, K Smith, Ronnie Brown
WRs- Welker, D-Jax, Britt, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, LaFell
TE- Gonzo
K- Jason Hanson
Def- Buf D
t_sweet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Advice on pick 10 of 12 team ppr WHIR!!

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:34 pm

In my first draft this year (Standard Yahoo scoring), QBs were coming off the board fast. I drafted 11 of 12 and four of the top five QBs were gone. DMC went with pick 10 so my choices were Stafford, CJ2K, Forte, Gronk and Graham or any WR except for Johnson. Because the QB tier had reached the last guy in level 2, I took Stafford and was mildly surprised to see CJ2K still there at pick 14 giving me Stafford/CJ2K.

Seeing you don't like to take a QB early, I'd grab DMC (if you don't mind risking your season on an injury prone player. I had DMC last year and finished 3rd instead of 1st mainly because of my weak RB group). Make sure to take Goodson or whoever ends up as back up early enough that no one else gets him. If you don't want the injury risk, take CJ2K and hope the stories out of training camp are accurate. Forte will lose goal line carries and the Bears didn't pick up Bush just to sit him so his value drops into the 2nd round. You may be able to get both DMC or CJ2K and Forte if you want to go that route. Forte as RB2 sounds very good.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions