Mid and Late round guys your targeting in every league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mid and Late round guys your targeting in every league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mid and Late round guys your targeting in every league

Postby nightfox422 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Looking for opinions, outside of the obvious Top tier players, who are the guys you are targeting in mid/late rounds of all your leagues.

My list consists of:

Matt Ryan
Eric Decker
CJ Spiller
Steven Ridley
Denarius Moore
Jacob Tamme
Kyle Rudolf
Titus Young
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mid and Late round guys your targeting in every league

Postby shmity72 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

of that group..i like denarius moore matt ryan and titus and tamme decker too..i like most all of them for rounds 7 on..lol
QB: Russell Wilson, sam bradford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, Demarco Murray, jacquizz Rodgers, mcgahee
WR: Torrey Smith, Chris Givens, DeAndre Hopkins, Anquan Boldin,
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: Patriots
K:Dan Bailey cowboys

championship here I come.
shmity72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 52)

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 pm

The entire Indianapolis Colts offense
and pretty much your entire list are guys I like, except Spiller is going higher than I'll probably get him.

Add Fred Davis to the list, he was right up there with the top 5 guys until his suspension last season and he's falling like crazy in drafts.

I'm starting to warm up to Mcgahee as a great RB3/FLEX. For some reason I wanted nothing to do with him earlier in the offseason.

Got Pierre Garcon as my WR3 in like every mock draft I've done, so I guess him. If you can get Kenny Britt as a WR4 I love that.

Been high on Kevin Smith for a long time now, I wish my drafts weren't so late, I won't be able to steal him after round 10 anymore.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 pm

For RBs you can grab late and use as RB2s I like the Redman/Mendenhall combo. I grabbed Redman in the 6th and Mendy in the 8th.

As mentioned above, I also have Kevin Smith as a sleeper choice this year. He will at least be starting the year for the Lions and I think there's a chance Best does not return from his injury. If Best does come back, he's one concussion away from sitting again. If Best does start the season on the PUP list and Smith can stay healthy, he's a WR1 you can get in the 10th round. I had to hunt wayyyy down the player list to even find him when I drafted him in the 10th. I took LeShoure a couple rounds later to increase my chances of having Detroit's RB1.

For WRs, Nate Washington is hanging around a long time on draft boards. He has looked good so far in preseason.

For TEs, reports out of Cincy say they want to use Gresham as a Gronkowski type TE. I also see Dallas Clark staying on the draft board until the late rounds. He used to be a top TE pick and maybe he gets some of that back in Tampa.

The Def rankings are screwy, as usual. Some of the teams being picked as top 5 are ludicrous. I'll take Pitt. or Balt. and let someone else take the 49ers in round 7 (not kidding, it happened in my first draft).

K is interesting. There are a couple Ks still battling for jobs so the position is more up in the air than usual. Garrett Hartley is still undrafted in my early draft league. If I didn't have Janikowski, I might take a flyer on him being N.O. kicker by the start of the season.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Well if we are talking kickers here Nate Kaeding is being completely forgotten about in drafts.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

QB - Freeman, Flynn
RB - J Stewart, Spiller, McGahee, D Brown
WR - Harvin, Garcon, A Brown, Washington
TE - Tamme, Keller, Daniels
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BabyArm79 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:48 pm

For the guy that mentioned Redman/Mendenhall...they are both hurt, avoid!

Another late Rb people are totally missing the boat on is Cedric Benson, he'll be the premier back in GB, he should do more damage than Starks ever did. I have Ridley alot higher than Spiller, he's the lead back now that the law firm is gone.

I highly agree on Washington, very underrated talent.
BabyArm79
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I have been watching the Redman injury reports. Some type of groin injury. First there was a report he had passed an MRI then a report that he was injured in practice today and might need an MRI tomorrow. Obviously have to wait to see which reports are correct. Mendenhall may play some of the season. No idea yet but if you take Redman, you have to take Mendenhall. Basically you are getting some kind of RB2 in the middle rounds but have to take 2 guys instead of 1. Could even be 3 if Redman's injury leads to down time. It's not ideal but if you don't have an RB2 and are getting to the middle of the draft, it's an option.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BabyArm79 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Another good handcuff is Charles/Hillis...Gore/Jacobs...Forte/Bush. I've gotten Charles in the 3rd sometimes 4th round in some mocks as well as Gore. Hillis much later and Jacobs/Bush sure to be there deep in the draft.
BabyArm79
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 pm

BabyArm79 wrote:Another good handcuff is Charles/Hillis...Gore/Jacobs...Forte/Bush. I've gotten Charles in the 3rd sometimes 4th round in some mocks as well as Gore. Hillis much later and Jacobs/Bush sure to be there deep in the draft.

Except the problem is Kendall Hunter is going to be Gore's handcuff. Jacobs is there for short yardage.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions