Keepers due tonight..calling in a favor. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keepers due tonight..calling in a favor.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keepers due tonight..calling in a favor.

Postby spread eagles » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 pm

I keep going back and forth on this one. Keepers due tonight and can't decide if I throw Romo back.
Qbs-4pt passing tds

Our league is a stackable keeper with expiring contracts...Romo is in his last year of keeper contracts and it will cost me a 3rd round. If I throw him back that would leave 5 owners with the need for a QB. These are the quarterbacks being kept...Rodgers is going back in, but I draft 8th and he will not be there:
Brees
Brady
Stafford
Vick
Cam (also keeping shaub)
Eli Manning (owner is also keeping Flaco)
Big ben

leaving Romo, Ryan, Manning, RG3, Jay Cutler

If I were to throw Romo back in I would prob. go WR, WR,Rb or Rb,Wr, Wr in the first 3 rds. Then pick up a qb in the 4th or 5th rd.

My question is what is the drop off from Romo and the rest (ryan, manning, rg3, cutler, fitzpatrick)
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keepers due tonight..calling in a favor.

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 pm

I like Romo, Peyton and Ryan all at the same. Some have Ryan over Romo. Also, I don't see Rivers on the "kept" list but he isn't in the "available" list either. He along with the other 3 I think are in the same tier. Then it drops off to Cutler and RG3 (both have really high upside, but I wouldn't trust them as my top guy just yet).
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm

I like Ryan and Manning over Romo. I'd put him back in.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spread eagles » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:I like Romo, Peyton and Ryan all at the same. Some have Ryan over Romo. Also, I don't see Rivers on the "kept" list but he isn't in the "available" list either. He along with the other 3 I think are in the same tier. Then it drops off to Cutler and RG3 (both have really high upside, but I wouldn't trust them as my top guy just yet).

Rivers would be on the available list.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)

Postby yetiboy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Agreed with Ryan and Manning over Romo. He's not worth a 3rd rounder for you. That being said, I don't know how many keepers your league has - Romo in the 3rd in your league could be he equivalent of a 10th depending on the number of keepers. As far as dropoff, I'd put Romo behind Ryan and Manning (as I said), ahead of RG3 in the next tier of what's left, Cutler a full tier behind, and finally Fitzpatrick well behind that (as much as it pains me to say it as a Bills fan).

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby BabyArm79 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:20 pm

I'd go Ryan, he's got so many weapons, well Eli does too but Nicks is still shakey
with that foot and Manningham is gone leaving only Cruz. Ryan still has the very consistent White and Julio its looking better & better as well as Gonzalez as a nice option.

I know preseason games don't mean a thing but the Cowboys O-line looked even more atrocious. Dump Romo.
BabyArm79
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions