Keeper Dilema...Calling All Football Guru's (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Dilema...Calling All Football Guru's (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Dilema...Calling All Football Guru's (WHIR)

Postby etl1692 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 pm

So I really need to start looking at my team from last year. We get 2 Offensive and 2 Defensive Keepers. The kicker is the players you decide to keep depending on which round you drafted them in, you will not be able to draft that round for this year. So If I decide (Most Obviously) to keep Andre Johnson for example I will be out of a first round draft pick this year. Reallll hairy, but interesting. Anyway here is my team, what are my potential keepers? I will post the round they were drafte in last year so you know which rounds I cant draft If I keep them. Is there a certain strategy with this system? Never been involved in a league like this......... CHEERS! ALso what sucks is I have no idea who the other teams in the league are keeping so to me it seems like this draft will be somewhat shalloW?

Offense:
Andre Johnson (WR) (1st rnd) - Scares me a little bit with all his injuries and all from last year, but I can't see how I can't keep him. He is a beast and Texans looking good!
Roddy White (WR) (2nd rnd) - Really like this guy. I see the Falcons, being somewhat of a threat this year. BUT if I keep Andre and Roddy, I'm out 1st and 2nd round picks? eh?
Mike Wallace (WR) (3rd round) - Pretty sure I'm staying away with his whole hold-out deal. Just not appealing to me or worth the headache. I could be wrong?
Tony Romo (QB) (4th round) - I know there are better QB's out there and maybe I'm biased as a cowboys fan, but I dont care what anyone says he puts up great fantasy nubers.
Beanie Wells (RB) (5th round) - Was a little injury prone but had some excellent games
Jhavid Best (RB) (8th round) - Headaches/concussions........Not a keeper in my mind. More of a liabilty.

Defense
Chalres Tillman (CB) (9th round)
Eric Berry (S) (10th round)
Stephen Tulloch (LB) (11th round)
Jason Pierre Paul (DE) (16th round)
Justin Tuck (DE) (picked up on FA, so wont lose a round by keeping him)
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Dilema...Calling All Football Guru's (WHIR)

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am

And you have to keep 2 and 2? Man, you've got no bargains there on offense that's for sure.

I guess I'd go Roddy White and Tony Romo. I too want nothing to do with that holdout mess, guys who holdout all offseason and all camp and all preseason have a nasty habit of suffering debilitating nagging injuries, usually to their hamstrings, then they underperform and create headaches for you all season.

If you start 2 DL, I think you keep both Giants linemen, they are studs at a position with very few.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 am

The ultimate strategy here is picking the best value. Not necessarily the best player, but someone who is good that will only cost you a late pick. JPP is your best value by far. Stud IDP, and amazing value for the 16th rd. Then I think for the other IDP I go with Tulloch. He gets a lot of tackles and costs a late pick. Don't wanna overload on DLs but I won't fault you for Tuck over him.

Offensively, are these your only options? Cuz no offense but the values is crazy (Romo for a 4th) and I wouldn't want either of those RBs. I say Roddy White for a second, and not Andre so you have a first rounder and can get a decent RB hopefully. Then either Wallace or Romo, and go for the next best RB in either round 3 or 4. I say Romo even though I HATE the value, simply because there will be better RB options left at 3 than 4

EDIT:

Didn't copy Jason. Happened to just be a slower typer. :-b
Last edited by BurritoBoy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby etl1692 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 am

YEah thanks for the feedback! NO Andre Johnson>?!!? Yeah?

I was thinking keeping Tuck and Pierre Paul as well.

I'm struggling on offense. Somehow got 2nd place last year.
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby etl1692 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 am

I did forget to mention

I got Fred Jackson in the 13th round..... Will he freak out again this year? 13th round seems to have value, but JAckson as a keeper???? IDK
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:15 am

etl1692 wrote:YEah thanks for the feedback! NO Andre Johnson>?!!? Yeah?

I was thinking keeping Tuck and Pierre Paul as well.

I'm struggling on offense. Somehow got 2nd place last year.

No Andre. Roddy is just as good, and costs less. You need to get a really good RB

2nd place huh? Was this a weird scoring system?

FJ in 13?? YES keep him! He's a really good RB2, he was a top 5 guy till his injury. It's not like he happened to die at the end of the year like Beanie, season just ended early (like Forte). I keep him over Romo. So Roddy and FJ on O, Tuck JPP on D. Still go for RB round 1, then 3/4 get a RB/WR combo. QB near the 5/6 range if they are falling
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby etl1692 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:52 am

Really appreciate it man...... I know I'm somewhat shocked I got 2nd place last year but hey! Good for me I guess. Thanks for clearing all this up!

Best of luck this year!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 am

Anytime buddy. Thanks you too.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:36 am

Tulloch the tackle machine
PierePaul the best DL there is
Romo the uh, nevermind
and old man Fred Jackson.

You should be able to pick up some very good RB and WR in the first three rounds and you have about the best you can do as a start on defense too.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=515445
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah I like Romo and Fred Jackson here. I think Roddy is more of a 3rd and Romo is more of a 5th rounder, if I'm gonna reach a round I'd rather reach in a later round.

I guess it depends on your starting requirements on defense...if you start 3LB or only 1DL I'd change from Tuck to Tulloch, but Tuck and JPP are stud DL which again is a lot harder to find than a good LB, I'd happily plug them in and look for some sleeper LBs in the draft, especially at a 5 round discount.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions