Keeper and Draft Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper and Draft Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper and Draft Question

Postby JROLLA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Everyone,

I am in an 8 team IDP, non-ppr keeper league. I am keeping Cam Newton who was undrafted and will cost me a 15th rounder. I also plan on keeping Julio Jones who was a 14th round pick so it will cost me a 12th rounder this year.

Now I'm torn between the following for my 3rd keeper. We start 3 WR's and 2 RB's. I also have the first overall pick but McCoy and Foster are both being kept from years past when they were drafted low. So I'm basically looking at Ray Rice, or Megatron with Pick #1.

Here are my keeper options for the 3rd keeper:

Demarco Murray: Would cost me a 14th round pick.

Brandon Lloyd: Would cost me an 11th round pick.

Now Murray scares me because of that o-line and his injuries. Lloyd is a risk because of all the options Brady has but he has been known to always get his and has potential for a monster year.

Since we start 3 WR's should I keep Jones and Lloyd, go with Megatron and see what RB falls to round 2? What would you guys do as far as keeper and draft.

I will help in return.

Thanks!
JROLLA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Keeper and Draft Question

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 am

I would keep Murray. He is an injury risk, but he has big upside in the Cowboys offense. I think Lloyd will have a good year, but he will cost you a 11th pick instead of a 14th pick. In the draft I would go with Ray Rice, because the running back position is not as deep as the wide receiver position this season.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions